No announcement yet.

Old Geezer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not sleep worth a crap. Up 2, 3 maybe 4 times per night to pee, but there are times I wake up and cannot get back to sleep. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions. I am 66 and retiring in May!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      I sleep pretty good. Depends on if my brain will shut off and let me. I have to pee 1 time at about 3:00am. My alarm goes off at 4:00am. I've been getting at 4:00 for so long, even on my days off I will have a cup of coffee in my hand by 4:30. Sleeping late to me is 5:00.
      This is me to the tee. Same times and just like you sometimes I can not go back to sleep. GOF at 62.

Comment

Mud I was told not to drink anything past 6pm if I wanted to stay asleep. I think a lot of us have the same issues as far as being able to shut our brain off and keep it. Haven’t figured out how to do it. Last night acid reflux literally kept me up and down all night. It was so bad that I had to take two omeprazoles. I think I dozed off around 2:00 a m and got up at six to wiz.

Comment

Mudslinger----- I'd suggest, the first thing to do.....
          Is go see your Dr...…(please)…. 3 or 4 times a night.. Ain't right.....
          As we get older.... Things, need to be taken care of, quicker, and sooner.. LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
            Mudslinger----- I'd suggest, the first thing to do.....
            Is go see your Dr...…(please)…. 3 or 4 times a night.. Ain't right.....
            As we get older.... Things, need to be taken care of, quicker, and sooner.. LOL...
            Yep time for a trip to the urologist, see about some flow max
            Sounds a glove test is in the near future

Comment

What about becoming grumpy? I've find myself getting really annoyed by little things. I went to the dentist last week and almost yelled at the dental hygienist to "get on with it" when she was explaining the process to me. My family catches the brunt of it though.

Comment

58 here, and I usually get 8-9hrs if sleep per night. I usually get up once to pee, but go right back to sleep after.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

When I was a kid I used to joke with my grand parents who would always go to bed after me and wake up well before. I used to tell them that they are probably just happy they are waking up the next day and don't want to chance a long sleep turning into a permanent one. lol

Jokes on me. I am 43 and starting to do the same thing.

"I'm much too young to feel this old" -Garth Brooks

J

Comment

60 years old here and usually sleep about 4-5 hours and then wake up. I'll be up for an hour or two, and then get back to sleep for 2-3 hours. I do take Ambien occasionally and find I can sleep through the night and get 7-8 hours when I take one.

Comment

I’m with you on that Sneaky. I had our son at H E B yesterday completing direct deposit paperwork. I was trying to ask the person if they would call us or email us regarding his starting date. So they went on and on and on. Finally I stopped her and said: Mam I’m not connecting with you. Can we simply come by here the Monday after Christmas to complete his online training”? “Yes” she said. I just wanted to say “Mam just land the plane”!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        I've had the same problems for years. Now I take 2 Ambien and 1 Tylenol PM and sleep through the night pretty good.
                        Almost burned down the house with Ambien. Thought I had slept walked several times because of things moved around the house when I woke up, but could never confirm. Finally 4th time I apparently had opened a can of pork and beans and put in on bread and tried to cook it on the stove, and then texted my friend complete jibberish. Found the bean sandwich at the end of my bed and stove was still on full blast. Could have been real disastrous. Be careful with that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X