Artificial Grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artificial Grass

My backyard used to be nice as can be. The yard was in tip top shape. My fiance moved in and her two dogs came with her and my yard has gone from really nice to really awful.

The area where they pee and poop all the time is just bare ground, mud and weeds. They run along the fence and have killed all the grass there. Pair that with heavy rains and its a muddy mess.

It makes me mad as h e l l to look at the yard now and I don't want to keep trying to fix it up to see them destroy it over and over so I'm considering taking up all the sod and installing synthetic grass.

Does anyone have it and what are your thoughts on it when mutts are involved? I want the stuff that looks as close to real grass as possible. For the good stuff how much does it cost? And lastly can anyone recommend a company for the turf and install in DFW?

Thanks

Picking up dog #$%^ out of artificial turf doesn't sound like too much fun.

Comment

if it makes you mad build then a kennel

You knew what you were getting into lol

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        Picking up dog #$%^ out of artificial turf doesn't sound like too much fun.
        sounds more fun that picking it up out of the mud

Comment

Check out Carter Construction on Bowie. Tell them Jamie sent you. My uncle Ronnie Whitehead works there.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            if it makes you mad build then a kennel

You knew what you were getting into lol
            They are inside dogs. We let them out in the afternoon when we get home from work and thats when the destruction starts. I've been trying to keep them out of the yard and on the porch with a gate but I don't really want them there either.

Comment

You sir are in a no-win situation! But if it were me, since they dogs are HERS, I'd let HER take care of the yard, otherwise her and/or the dogs would have to go... Like I said, you're in a no-win situation.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                You sir are in a no-win situation! But if it were me, since they dogs are HERS, I'd let HER take care of the yard, otherwise her and/or the dogs would have to go... Like I said, you're in a no-win situation.
                she goes??? you haven't seen how hot she is.

Comment

Wow. Good luck.
                  I suggest a dog kennel. And prepare to waste many hours cleaning up after them and walking them.

I guess eating them like a horse is out of the question ?

BP

Comment

Cement the entire yard and paint green?

Then, just hose the waste into the neighbor’s yard. Problem solved! [emoji2][emoji90]

Comment

I have turf in the back. No dogs, but I had a couple of coons that would dump on it almost every night. It was easy to pick up/clean when it was a problem and my son learned how to skin coons. :-)

Comment

Artificial turf gets extremely hot in the summertime and it might burn their feet, only downside I could see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                          she goes??? you haven't seen how hot she is.
                          post a pic of her and the dogs then we can give you better advice

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                            post a pic of her and the dogs then we can give you better advice
                            I second the motion!

Comment

Seriously, we need a picture now.

Comment

Working...
                              X