Woodlands Texas American Bald Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodlands Texas American Bald Eagles

Nesting pair have been the Woodlands for many years. Two eaglets were hatched Christmas day and they have fledged. A few shots for January to now.

Dad

Mom is larger and has a white tuft on her chest. She is not around alot these days.

Juveniles

Nice shots.

Are you taking these shots near Hugh's Landing? I've think I've seen the male a few times perched in a pine tree over there with people taking pictures.

Comment

Man... Awesome pics!

Comment

Awesome photos!

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
            Nice shots.

Are you taking these shots near Hugh's Landing? I've think I've seen the male a few times perched in a pine tree over there with people taking pictures.
            Yes, I am. The nest is across the street from the Loft church. I've been down about 4 times this season.

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
            Man... Awesome pics!
            Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Awesome photos!
            Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
            Beautiful
            Thanks very much for the comments.

Comment

Awesome work man! Pin sharp!

Comment

More great work Bill!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                  Yes, I am. The nest is across the street from the Loft church. I've been down about 4 times this season.

Thanks very much for the comments.
                  Very cool! Thanks for the info, I'd love to go check them out. Do you mind if I ask where you setup to get the pics? I assume they're north of Lake Front Circle?

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
                    Awesome work man! Pin sharp!
                    Tyler, appreciate your comment.

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                    More great work Bill!

Sierracharlie out…
                    Thanks, Stephen.

Originally posted by FriscoAg View Post
                    Very cool! Thanks for the info, I'd love to go check them out. Do you mind if I ask where you setup to get the pics? I assume they're north of Lake Front Circle?
                    As far as setting up, its where the eagles happen to be hanging out. They are really moving around now and will likely be gone in another week or so. Parking lot between the Loft church and the Methodist school is where people park. I never thought about the direction and would have thought west but it is north. There is a patch of woods next to the parking garage. That's where the nest is. Go to that parking lot and you will see cameras.

Comment

Tyler, appreciate your comment.

Thanks, Stephen.

As far as setting up, its where the eagles happen to be hanging out. They are really moving around now and will likely be gone in another week or so. Parking lot between the Loft church and the Methodist school is where people park. I never thought about the direction and would have thought west but it is north. There is a patch of woods next to the parking garage. That's where the nest is. Go to that parking lot and you will see cameras.
                      Thanks again Bill - I've got some time this week, if the weather cooperates I'll head out there one day and check it out.

Comment

Thanks again Bill - I've got some time this week, if the weather cooperates I'll head out there one day and check it out.
                        I'm thinking of making one more trip down there this season. I thought some of these pics would be the last of this bunch but I'll likely attempt a go down there on Tuesday.

Comment

Oh man those are some beautiful birds. Very nice pics!

Comment

I'm thinking of making one more trip down there this season. I thought some of these pics would be the last of this bunch but I'll likely attempt a go down there on Tuesday.
                            Did you make it down today, Bill? I got tied up, going to try again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
                              Oh man those are some beautiful birds. Very nice pics!
                              Thanks, appreciated.

Did you make it down today, Bill? I got tied up, going to try again tomorrow.
                              Ended up not going and likely won't go back this season now. Birds are ranging further and aren't far from going out completely independent of mom and dad. They are fishing for themselves now according to some. Get there soon or you will end up missing them this go-round.

Comment

Working...
                              X