No announcement yet.

Pool excavation Tomball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Coby, that youngun reminds of you a long time ago.

Comment

Waterline is 7' for spa and 48x17 for pool. The seat is the middle is 9' wide and 2 ' deep. Thinking stamped concrete for deck. It's around 24-25,000 gallons. You have any pics of your build?

Comment

Thanks TMag!

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
          Waterline is 7' for spa and 48x17 for pool. The seat is the middle is 9' wide and 2 ' deep. Thinking stamped concrete for deck. It's around 24-25,000 gallons. You have any pics of your build?
          Thats a big pool!

Our's is a 34 x 20 sport pool.....spa is 10 x 7.....gas fire pit. We are doing spray deck with some travertine inlays. I think we had 1,900 sq ft of decking (1,100 new concrete...800 existing). Coping is travertine. Fire pit will have travertine and flagstone. Plaster will be Wet Edge pebble (satin matrix).

The are finishing up the deck rebar right now...and will pour them either Friday or early next week.

They started to dig exactly 3 weeks ago. It goes by quick if the subs are scheduled and the inspections are timely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Last edited by unclefish; 04-11-2017, 09:09 AM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Good luck with your build. A buddy built his at about the same time I had mine built. He had some stress/headaches along the way, but so did I.
              Just a few instances that happened to me:
              1. I live on rock. All the bids we received included a 'potential' rock charge of up to $2,000. We told them ALL going in that you WOULD hit rock. Still, the contract we signed had $2,000 max. rock charge. I heard later that our builder paid his subcontractor $6,500 extra for the rock he encountered. In fact, when they had dug the pool, it looked almost finished because it was completely rock all the way around and 9' deep. That extra obviously would have been on me had I done it. You obviously don't have my rock problem!
              2. The sub doing the flagstone all around the pool (and then some) had laid it almost all the way around (not cemented in place). I could barely understand him, but on his own he pulled it all up and re-ordered larger stone because he didn't like the way it looked. It ended up looking great with the larger stones. My builder never knew about and certainly didn't insist on larger stone. This was a good sub who did it on his own. I'm not sure I could have/would have been able to insist on him doing what he did (if he hadn't volunteered it) if I was building it myself.
              3. When the pool was being dug, it was fairly obvious to me that they would cut the water line from my well into the house. I pointed it out to the builder and told him to let me know when it happened so I could have someone fix it and we wouldn't be without water too long. They cut it at about 10:00 a.m. (on a Friday) and between the sub and my builder, I wasn't told until 4:45 p.m. This pipe was the black plastic pipe (I don't know what it is called) and do you know where you can find something (plumbers were unavailable at that point) to fix that at 5:00 on a Friday???? NOT at HD or Lowes, I guarantee you!
              Anyway, problems arise whether you are 'builder' or not. Best of luck to you and I'm sure you will be able to float around that pool with a bit more pride knowing you built it yourself.

Comment

Nice tile selection uncle fish

48x17 - you can swim laps!

Our crappy contractor took 100 days to build - building a house was less stressful. The finished product is nice, and no problems (knock on wood). 33x19 with a spa big enough to seat 8 adults comfortably without hitting knees.

All real limestone to match the kitchen and fire pit.

We poured just shy of 2000ft of concrete and added flagstone in a few areas too...

This is in Magnolia, sure was nice this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice guys! What's the plaster color Bill?

Comment

Cool deal

Comment

Uncle fish, my tile/coping/stacked are the same colors! I like!

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                        Very nice guys! What's the plaster color Bill?

The color is blue granite pebblesheen. I think it turned out a lighter than we expected but looks good now that we have had it for a while.

It's difficult to get a good idea of colors searching the Internet.

Here is a pick from when I started filling it to give you an idea of the actual sprayed color. PPG or whatever they are called in Tomball did it and was about the only on time crew that worked in my pool.

Comment

Your pool is awesome Bill!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't forget there is more to a pool than just water

With and without flash

Comment

You no gotte lights?

Comment

Update: we got rained out (obviously) Tuesday, but I pumped the water out overnight and the plumbers stubbed it yesterday morning. Gunite trucks were here at 6:10 am today. They told me 7:30 so I was still laying in bed when things started happening. It's starting to shape up!

Comment

Working...
                                X