High fence ranch entrance ideas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    Ok? What was the $2500-$3700 comment for?

The $2,500 figure is to bring the regular wire fence to the gate @20' inset off the road. $3,700 is if I choose to go with a pipe frame with paneling instead of the wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
      Backwoods congrats on the Place!!! Did I miss the Thread?

Sorry no help on the Entrance....but if me I would probably pay the $ to have it done.

Good Luck

Thank you sir. I didn't do a thread, I've actually owned the property for @10 years but here recently my uncle sold the place next to mine and up until now I've just accessed my place through his gate.

Comment

You see the Jurassic Park movies?... that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
          A custom 8' tall driveway gate without an opener will run you from $150.00-$200.00 per linier foot. The gate opener will be in the $1500.00-$1800.00 range.

Here's one I did a while back. We do about 3-4 gates a month.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=651486
          Good luck
          What gate opener do you use? Thanks

Comment

Don't draw any unnecessary attention to your place.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
              What gate opener do you use? Thanks

It’s an Apollo with a solar panel.

Comment

Make it taller than you think you need. Or don’t include an arch. Sooner or later, you’ll need to get a tall truck/trailer through.

Comment

Always amazes me-how someone is doing/researching exactly what I'm doing on TBH awesome forum here.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                    Make it taller than you think you need. Or don’t include an arch. Sooner or later, you’ll need to get a tall truck/trailer through.
                    This for sure! Try to design it so that it does not have an arch or anything across the path between the gates/posts...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      This for sure! Try to design it so that it does not have an arch or anything across the path between the gates/posts...
                      Ok, this makes no sense. An arch would actually make the cross piece higher in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        Ok, this makes no sense. An arch would actually make the cross piece higher in the middle.
                        Let me help you with reading comprehension...
                        see that little 2 letter word "OR"... then followed by "anything"... That means that an arch, a bar, a wire, OR ANYTHING that spans the space between the gate posts... In other words, I would recommend the OP construct the gate such that there is nothing above the space the gate spans...

Comment

Let me help you with reading comprehension...
                          see that little 2 letter word "OR"... then followed by "anything"... That means that an arch, a bar, a wire, OR ANYTHING that spans the space between the gate posts... In other words, I would recommend the OP construct the gate such that there is nothing above the space the gate spans...
                          One huge problem with such thinking. You WILL eventually have problems with your gates, as they are two complete and separate units, and they WILL settle differently if the post are not tied together from overhead.

Simply make the entrance high enough to begin with. 16' is more than enough, considering most bridges/overpasses aren't even that high.

Comment

I will totally agree with this statement. And if built right, it will be perfectly fine contrary to the other comments.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yessir, you make a fair point about that and it is a real problem in many large entrances...
                              However, If it is designed correctly, it can be done... You also make a fair point about the height of 16 foot high being good, though having nothing there would be better, just might be more expensive.

Edit: my post is in response to Ironman... S&S pretty much said the same thing at the same time...

Comment

Yessir, you make a fair point about that and it is a real problem in many large entrances...
                                However, If it is designed correctly, it can be done... You also make a fair point about the height of 16 foot high being good, though having nothing there would be better, just might be more expensive.
                                Agreed. It would be more expensive, due to the fact that anything shy of a very deep drilled pier and decent footing poured for your gate post, settling over time will happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X