Eliminator spinner plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eliminator spinner plate?

Will this work on the cheap moultrie 6 volt feeders? If not, does anyone have the plans for the varmint cages?

I have had 3 eliminator feeders and have not had very good luck. I replaced them with regular spinner and a varmit cages.It takes a lot of power to spin those eliminators, so I think it's just for 12 volts, but I could be wrong

Comment

Take a look at this varmint cage

I think that's the one I use

Comment

I was always under the impression that they would not work on a 6 volt but I've since learned otherwise. (thanks to another thread on this) The plate will work but the motor has to have a 1/4" shaft - most 6v motors have an 1/8" shaft. You can buy this one and swap it out:

Comment

Originally posted by brownwdbwhunter View Post
          I have had 3 eliminator feeders and have not had very good luck. I replaced them with regular spinner and a varmit cages.It takes a lot of power to spin those eliminators, so I think it's just for 12 volts, but I could be wrong
          What didn't you like about them? A one of the guys I hunt with had his varmint cage and spinner chewed/ripped off by coons and squirrels. We were thinking about switching over to eliminators.

Comment

On a 6 volt, just go with one of the diamond shaped spinners with a varmit cage.

I run 6 volt feeders and was told that to run an eliminator spinner plate that you had to set the run time to a longer/higher period of time, which equates to the use of additional battery power.

Comment

They kept locking up on us.I was told you have to oil them everytime you fill your feeder, but that didn't work.Also there is a side screw that would back out also causing it not to work.They do have good customer service, and they sent me a couple of replacements, but I had the same issues.

Comment

Also corn gets in the spring causing it not to work. They require alot of maintenance .

Comment

I've been running mine for over 2 years with no problems! Best coon thief stopper out there! No more stealing corn...

Comment

We ran them on 12v motors last yr and had the same trouble as you. Not about the 6v. Unless you can run recleaned corn ever spin I would not waste my money. I had 2 different ones on my road feeder and never made it more than a few roads both times before it hung open and dumped all t he corn between stands. They changed something because my buddy has had 1 for 3 yrs that has never hung up 1 time and now we could not keep a new one working

Comment

Originally posted by brownwdbwhunter View Post
                      That cage is worthless, I had two of them and all they do is give coons something to hang off of while they spin the corn out. A good cage has to be big enough or have small enough holes so the coon can't reach the spinner.

I've seen coons figure out the Eliminator plate and heard way too many stories about problems with them so I personally wouldn't use them. I build my own feeder cages out of 1 inch square wire and they work perfect at not only keeping the coons out but they also keep birds and squirrels out. Using 1 inch wire the minimum size you can make them so the coons can't reach is the same size as the bottom of a 55 gallon barrel. If you can't make them that big then you have to get wire with smaller holes so the coons can't reach through the holes.

Comment

Originally posted by DorothyNotKeegan View Post
                        I've been running mine for over 2 years with no problems! Best coon thief stopper out there! No more stealing corn...
                        X2!

Comment

My Dad has ran a couple eliminator plates for several years with no problems at all...on a good 12v setup.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                          X