No announcement yet.

Chain saws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think the STIHL saws should use this song in a Stihl Chain Saw Ad.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3s8Ji9bnaE"]Orleans-Still The One - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Got 2 stihls and an echo stihl is twice the machine

Comment

Husquvarna, Stihl or Echo. All three are great saws. I have the Echo and love it. My FIL has a Stihl and it's 25 years old and still runs great.

Comment

Dad has a new Stihl, and it's as good as they've always been. BIL has a Husquvarna and I think it's a great saw too.

Comment

Gave away 2 thousand dollars worth of Stihl saws,and bought 2 Echo saws.I hate Stihl saws...I still have a pole saw made by em.

Comment

Used a husqvarna saw all summer long 10 hours a day my junior and senior years in high school cutting shooting lanes, stand sites, and roads. Ran like a champ 2 years in a row with what I would call abuse like conditions. Only thing we ever had to do was get new chains when we wore one out and keep it full of oil and gas. No experience with the other brands, but if I ever buy a saw it will be a husqvarna.

Comment

Living in Montana for a lot of years. I can't remember any of my logger friends ever say he used an Echo Chain Saw. All Stihls....Not saying Echo are not good saws for sure they are ---but I just don't remember hearing or seeing any loggers use them.

Comment

I just bought this one with quick adjust chain/easy start. Used it this past weekend on medium sized stuff. So far so good!

Comment

Stihl is definitely a great saw. Echo also good and reliable. For your main use of trimming, you ought to think about and go handle an Echo 330T. The T stands for top-handle grip. Advantage is control of saw with trigger hand right on top of motor; runs about $250 (14-inch bar; could add a 16-inch bar if needed for about $30 extra).

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                      I always use ETHYNOL free gas in all my saws, mowers, pole saw, lawnmowers etc. Ethynol is from Satan. Every thing just runs better with NO ETHYNOL!
                      Hard to find, though. I did a little research on the lawn contractor forums and it appears that this is the next best thing to ethanol-free and what most of the pros are going to...

USE ETHANOL SHIELD FUEL STABILIZER ALL YEAR AND DURING STORAGE FOR EASY STARTING

They say it's hands down better than Stabil Marine or Seafoam.

I haven't used Ethanol Shield yet, but I did use Mechanic in a Bottle to get a riding mower started the other day. Probably saved $100 by not having to take it to the mower mechanic for a carb cleanout, not to mention loading, unloading and waiting a couple days. I couldn't believe how well it worked... it was practically magic. Couldn't get it to start. Poured one bottle into the gas tank, then started it. I'm a believer.

Comment

STIHL Farm Boss hands down

Comment

Husqvarna hands down

Comment

Originally posted by Txnative78 View Post
                            Looking for a quality chainsaw in the $350 or less range. Looking really hard at a Stihl MS 250. Any feedback or other suggestions. It will be used mainly for trimming at home and around the lease. I don't see me ever cutting anything over 10 or 12 inches in diameter, and usually under 6 inches.
                            Was in the same boat a year or so ago. Wanted a saw for around the house, deer lease, etc. I went with the MS 250, you will not be disappointed. Its the easiest starting piece of Stihl equipment I have ever used as well.

Comment

Don't buy a Husqvarna. I bought a 16" Husqvarna 435 last fall for cutting firewood and it never work right. Took it in for warranty work and Husqvarna had them change the signal coil. Took it out after that, it ran for about 30 minutes then started to malfunction in the same way it did before. Took it back Husqcrapvarna had told them to change the same part again. I told them i wanted it replaced and they had already wasted my time and money. They wouldn't replace it. Long story short, Husqvarna had them change that same part 3 times with the same results, then they changed the fly wheel still didn't work. 6 months later they decided to replace my saw and that took another 2 weeks. Haven't taken the new one out yet but I'll probably sell it and buy a Stihl. Husqvarna sucks and their customer service is THE WORST I have ever dealt with.

Comment

For your use any of the 3 will do just fine

Comment

Working...
                                X