Protein Feeder Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    I hunted my protein feeder one time and took a doe...deer went nocturnal at the feeder and never got another daytime pic. Very pressure sensitive at a feeder
    This is main reason I started this thread for discussion. If your main goal is to get the deer consuming protein, it seems you wouldn’t want to be shooting or preasuring them while they attaempt to feed on it. This is interesting keep me coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
      This is main reason I started this thread for discussion. If your main goal is to get the deer consuming protein, it seems you wouldn’t want to be shooting or preasuring them while they attaempt to feed on it. This is interesting keep me coming.
      I don't protein feed on my land but my uncles do and they have always put protein feeders tucked away near bedding areas. They never hunt over them.

Comment

I’ll pull a trigger or release an arrow 4-5 times max out of 60+ sits. I don’t have a problem hunting over my protein feeders and it doesn’t change their habits.

Comment

Protein Feeder Location

We hunt ours, but they are timed feeders..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We don't hunt our bulk protein feeders. We did add some timed feeders to feeder pens this past year.

Comment

We put the protein in some cover next to water and don’t hunt it. I do hunt a feeder about 100 meters away and a trail about the same distance away on the other side of the protein, so not a huge distance and it doesn’t seem to change the patterns of the deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                Close to water, Near Good Bedding Areas, Central Property, and Highest Traffic Areas are All Key. Don't worry About the Hunting Part. Good Luck
                Agree 100%

Comment

For what it's worth

We do hunt over our protein feeders. This is a normal feeding and typical of what we see when we hunt. There are deer of all ages at the feeder, including 6-8 year olds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	regular scene.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	24530434

Comment

I would not worry about hunting your feeders. If I was feeding large amounts of protein and had 4-5 2k feeders and no livestock to have to build pens for I would as said above and place protein stations in the central part of my lease near water. Where you will be feeding and the amount yall will probably feed I would just add to my corn feed pen, thats what I did and could never tell that deer hit it any different if hunted or not.

Comment

I have a protein feeder between a food plot and a water guzzler. About 80 yards separate each one. I hunt the food plot and next year I'll hunt the water guzzler. BUT! Don't take my advise, I haven't killed a mature buck yet.

Comment

We don't hunt any of ours. We have 6

Comment

We do hunt over our feed stations. All of our feed stations have 'timed corn' and 'freechoice protein' feeders together in the same 12 hog-pannel pen. We feed corn year round and pellets from Feb. to Sep. We do bump up the corn feeder spin times during the season though.

Comment

All of mine run north south down the center of my property, are next to water, and won't be hunted over.

Comment

Working...
                            X