No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan, my prayers are with him. And with yall. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you.

Comment

Texas Grown thanks for glueing those handles on for me.

Comment

No problem. Just hope the epoxy holds.

Comment

I'm getting the itch for a fish camp. Think we spoke about this a little while back. Next weekend is Bownanza. And I will be there cooking fish for the masses. But am open after that for a "Fish Camp" if anybody wants to get together for one on a weekend. I've got about 60 jug-lines I can deploy, and two trot-lines, if I can find that much bait.

Comment

I'm in name the place and time , I'll also bring the smoker just in case the bites not there.

Comment

I'm in.... As long as fish camp has Reddy Kilowatt

Comment

My birthday dinner being cooked.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Happy birthday. That's the way to cook. Enjoy.

Comment

Happy B-day Storm!

Hope it's a great one. And may ya have many many more.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        I'm getting the itch for a fish camp. Think we spoke about this a little while back. Next weekend is Bownanza. And I will be there cooking fish for the masses. But am open after that for a "Fish Camp" if anybody wants to get together for one on a weekend. I've got about 60 jug-lines I can deploy, and two trot-lines, if I can find that much bait.
                        I've still got several frozen shad, 2"-3", they're a couple years old but your welcome to them when I get home. I'm not likely to use them, I usually take my cast net and catch fresh ones

Comment

Might take ya up on that Ender. Been having trouble finding shad on the upper end lately. Been thinking about carp fishing and using some cut carp or drum for bait, if I can find them too.
                          Really don't want to buy any bait. I've nearly always have caught it with cast nets.

There is also a law on the books now where you can not take bait from one body of water, and use it in another. I still see fellers doing that. Course I know where your shad came from . But you can catch it on the body of water and transport it to another place on the same body of water.

And another where ya got to have a container of 30 quarts or less for bait. That's to keep peeps from catching bait and transporting it for their personal use in private places. It dose not apply to Lic. guides and their equipment in their boats.

Most of this if not all, is caused by the notorious Zebra Muscle.
                          Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-13-2017, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Tonight's dinner pork chops and chicken.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Man I wish I had something to roll angle and pipe with. And a 250 ton press break. And a set of 10' rollers. And an iron worker or Parana with a bunch of punch dies. And a 6' radial arm drill press. And a 10' shear press. And a ....

Comment

Well looks like I'll be living a little closer to the lake and will be putting g my time in this year.. I need to get a good deer.. haven't had one in 2 years..

Comment

Working...
                                X