No announcement yet.

New Boat Prices!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guessing I shouldn't start a thread about my new F350 with a new Ranger bass boat behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      I sure enjoy mine, I am one of those idiots who have a 75K boat and a 70K truck, since I wrote a check for them i am not as big of an idiot as some.
      Well technically you could have borrowed that money for cheap and the market is up huge over the last year and half, so that $150k would be worth like $220,000.

Comment

New Boat Prices!!!

I have a 25+ Majek Extreme and a 1948 Uncle J Flat bottom with a GTR. But I choose to shop used boats. I'll watch the classifieds for months till the right deal comes along. It's really not that hard to find a clean 3-4 year old rig and pay .50 on the dollar. Just have to know what you are looking for, have cash in hand and know how to negotiate.

I've sold several boats for what I've bought them for after using them for a few years. Buying new is dumb in my book.
        Last edited by Full Throttle; 08-11-2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

You could spend about 1/2 and get a fully rigged boat from a company that isn't owned by Bass Pro
          Attached Files

Comment

That seems like a ton of money for a boat, but let's be honest, most everything that we all have in common in this site might not make sense financially. How many guys/gals on here have a deer lease, how many of them dump a couple thousand dollars a year into feed, how much was the stand/feeder setups, oh and I can't forget to mention the trips back and forth to the lease. To each their own....everyone should look for financially sound deals/opportunities. I myself would not spend 100k on a boat, I would spend 1/2 of that if I could afford it.

I know guys who have been on a $2400/yr deer lease for 15 yrs, they've told me how much they spend/yr feed, setups, and gas back and forth. My boat cost me a lot less money then they have put into their lease. Bottom line, everything is ridiculously expensive these days!

Comment

My step bro and I used to pull up next to boats like that in our 14' jon boat and wear em out. You dont need $100k boat or to go 95mph across the lake to catch bass. It amazes me how much folks spend on boats. Its worth it for a guide simply for warranty. But for somebody fishing for fun, you can do just as well with a lot less boat. Buy used and get way more bang for your buck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have plenty of customers with 100 grand plus boats. Many of them have boat docks that cost more than an average 3 bedroom home.
                Some folks have more discretionary income to work with. More power to them.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                  Think about it this way:

Most people that buy 100K boats and 80K trucks can't really afford them.
                  People that can actually afford them, don't buy them.

Obviously not in all cases, but I bet it is true more often than not.
                  Yep

Massive payments, up to their neck in debt... American Dream!!!

Comment

No way I'd spend 100k on a bass pro built boat.

Comment

Can you say Kayak?

Comment

Now you know why we bought kayaks!

Comment

I could care less if a man bought a 100 K dollar boat or a 1000 dollar boat, to each his own, look at it from a positive side, it creates jobs and there will be some nice affordable used boats on the market for the guys who choose to buy used. I doubt that the boat in question sells for 100K anyway, I know the retail on my trucks was 68K, got it for 60, so with that logic that boat will only go for like 90K or so.

Comment

As my dad used to say, "son, its not the boat that catches the fish"---

Comment

No fences - no people - miles and miles upon miles.

It's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                                I could care less if a man bought a 100 K dollar boat or a 1000 dollar boat, to each his own, look at it from a positive side, it creates jobs and there will be some nice affordable used boats on the market for the guys who choose to buy used. I doubt that the boat in question sells for 100K anyway, I know the retail on my trucks was 68K, got it for 60, so with that logic that boat will only go for like 90K or so.
                                This right here. All of the guys saying buy used should be thankful someone is "dumb enough" to buy the new one, otherwise they wouldn't get the deals on the used ones.

I also hope everyone saying to buy a flat bottom because it serves the same purpose rides their bicycle to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X