• Show
Clear All

The most usefull gear I have....

1. Cabelas Revolution Fleece Dry Plus pullover. 50$
    2. Surefire Flashlights 65$
    3. Chippewa Snake boots 120$
    4. 1995 Toyota 4Runner 4???$
    5. Stanley Job Box 59$

I'm throwing the scent killer in the trash this year.

Comment

As an entering bowhunter and really pretty new big game hunter too (mammals, anyway, not just birds), this is probably the best question I've ever heard anyone ask. As a result, I've bought a Thermacell, and will try to learn the K.I.S.S. system a little better...resist the temptation of consumerism ;-) Except on my birthday!

Comment

I got to have my Double Bull Ground Blind and leupold optics. Thermacell works really well too. I am a sucker for tink's #69 doe in rut but I can't say i have ever harvested a buck that came in because of it. Every year it seems like I buy a bunch of crap that I probably don't need. (scent elimination, attractants ect.) That "bunch of crap" adds up when you go to check out at the sporting goods store... That's for sure!!

Comment

must have Copenhagen!!!! i usually grab that before I even get dressed!! hahaah

Comment

my biggest waste has been all the different camo I've bought in the past,

2nd would be knives, have way more than I need given most away....

Comment

Best:
              1)Thermacell is by far the most wisest/needed purchase. I'll hunt without a release before I will leave the thermacell.
              2) Elite GT500

Waste of money:
              1) Any calls.. I find myself using my cupped hand when I need to get a deers attention, before I remember to grab the flextone or cans...
              2) Camo under armor... I still don't know what I was thinking.....

Comment

Pink Arrows.

Comment

Best: LW E-Z Hang Hook, HSS Quick Connect Tree Strap
                  Both good buys IMO

Worst: Banjo Minnow...C'mere Deer...Hyundai Santa Fe

Comment

Good: quality boots, a comfy chair, bow

Waste: attractants (feed and rut, never had one work),

I do get tickled by the responses from folks who use both a Thermacell, and scent eliminator. It just seems contradictory to me.

All you need is ignorance and confidence, and the success is sure. - Mark Twain

Comment

i just want to thank all those that posted comments, being a new hunter(yet to get my first doe/buck) i am constantly rackign my brain figuring out what i need. i learned after the first day awhile back that the thermacell was the greatest invention ever. because of ya'll on this thread i got a feeling i'm going to save alot(my wife greatly appreciates it), thanks again ya'll i greatly appreciate it, and it's one of the reasons i love this site

Comment

Good Stuff
                        Thermacell
                        Rangefinder
                        Quality clothing
                        Buck Bomb on my boots
                        A high quality release
                        Apps for phone

Junk
                        Bowjaws bow holder system- likes to drop your bow from a tripod
                        Academy 20 dollar thinsulate rubber boots
                        Grunt tube

Comment

Originally posted by Kokanee View Post
                          Thermacell, Thermacell, Thermacell... and my Lonewolf Stand.
                          My Cyclops light is also great for getting back to the truck and scaring away the snakes!
                          Amen! My LoneWolf stand, Thermacell & HSS light-weight harness

Comment

Good: Thermacell, GPS, binos

Not so good: a variety of scents and calls

Comment

Range finder

Pretty darn quiet camo

Scent control

Thermacell (depend on your location) I know where I hunt I don't have to have it but it seems to be good if u hunt in a buggy area

Comment

Originally posted by cntryislandboy View Post
                                i just want to thank all those that posted comments, being a new hunter(yet to get my first doe/buck) i am constantly rackign my brain figuring out what i need. i learned after the first day awhile back that the thermacell was the greatest invention ever. because of ya'll on this thread i got a feeling i'm going to save alot(my wife greatly appreciates it), thanks again ya'll i greatly appreciate it, and it's one of the reasons i love this site
                                You made a great choice by becoming a hunter. Good luck on bagging your first deer! I bagged my first 1 year ago when I was 15. I've downed 3 more since then. Got several more hunts this year. Looking to down 2 more this year on my big hunt in Falfurrias also a few hogs.
                                Again Thermacell BASEd on your location of hunting.
                                Where I hunt I never have needed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X