"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockstar69 View Post
    I am moving around to get started that way for a while at least. Probably from the canoe launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good luck. We're heading out in the afternoon.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
      Good luck. We're heading out in the afternoon.

Good luck to y’all. I got on one big sounder and twice on singles but couldn’t get a shot off!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar69 View Post
        Good luck to y’all. I got on one big sounder and twice on singles but couldn’t get a shot off!

Bummer. At least it's better than not seeing anything

Comment

If any of y'all plan to go out on a Monday (those are usually my days off) and would like someone to tag along let me know. I won't be hunting just want to learn more and see someone with experience before I buy a bow. So if any of y'all are willing to teach a new hunter or just let me watch, shoot me a PM.

Comment

Headed out there tomorrow, does anybody know if the river is running again below the dam? I haven’t been out there since August, it was dried up into holes back then.

Comment

Originally posted by NeKro View Post
              If any of y'all plan to go out on a Monday (those are usually my days off) and would like someone to tag along let me know. I won't be hunting just want to learn more and see someone with experience before I buy a bow. So if any of y'all are willing to teach a new hunter or just let me watch, shoot me a PM.
              I frequently get off work early and head out for the afternoon. As long as you're legal I could bring my crossbow for you. As of very recently I've got a bunch of hog meat and would prefer to bring my shotgun for squirrels and rabbits. If you're up for that kind of teamwork I'm almost always down. I'm by no means a granger pig expert but I can offer extremely rudimentary tips. I just love being out there and spending time with like mind folks

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                Hopefully the sheath on your 8mm is pretty rugged. The ropeman 2 is hell on rope sheaths when used in the same location over and over like we do in saddle hunting.

This. My lineman's belt uses a static rope and that ascender does some serious damage to it. I've heard the amsteel sheath is better with the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                  Yeah, I was using on my treestand ropes. They will be repurposed and news kongs or r2s purchased for the saddle setup.

I am having a saddle meet and greet at Granger lake Saturday Jan 25th to practice and learn together. Thread is in Around the campfire page.

Hopefully some veterans show to help up newbies out.
                  I have a Aero hunter from 2 seasons ago and might be free on the 25th. I’ll keep an eye on the thread and try to come out as well. I also have a set of wild edge climbers. I’ve only been to Granger one time and that was when I first moved here so would need help finding y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by NeKro View Post

I sent you a PM.

Comment

"Wing Shooting" at pigs at Granger, PhD level hog hunting to sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                        I have a Aero hunter from 2 seasons ago and might be free on the 25th. I’ll keep an eye on the thread and try to come out as well. I also have a set of wild edge climbers. I’ve only been to Granger one time and that was when I first moved here so would need help finding y’all.

I updated the saddle meetup thread.

Sat Jan 26
                        Whataburger @ 0900
                        Canoe launch @ 1045
                        Meet and Greet @ 1100 with walk-in shortly after

Comment

Sounds good I replied to the PM's

Comment

hey guys, new to hog hunting and Texas now that deer season is over I'm looking into getting after some pigs. i live in south austin and typically off work monday and tuesday if anyone is free to maybe show me some pointers. I was able to spot and stalk one at lake somerville during midday but saw them out of my tree stand so i feel i was kind of lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Krogers View Post
                              hey guys, new to hog hunting and Texas now that deer season is over I'm looking into getting after some pigs. i live in south austin and typically off work monday and tuesday if anyone is free to maybe show me some pointers. I was able to spot and stalk one at lake somerville during midday but saw them out of my tree stand so i feel i was kind of lucky.
                              Let me know when you are planning to head out. I'm out there all the time. I'd be happy to tag along. I'm still a bit of a newbie myself

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                                I updated the saddle meetup thread.

Sat Jan 26
                                Whataburger @ 0900
                                Canoe launch @ 1045
                                Meet and Greet @ 1100 with walk-in shortly after
                                I may try to join you all at the canoe launch.

Comment

Working...
                                X