Suppressor/barrel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor/barrel question

I just got my howa mini action 6.5 Grendel in and it's the #2 contour barrel not the heavy and not the light. I haven't measured it yet but I'm almost certain it is not going to be thick enough for 5/8 x24 threads. So I'm curious if it will be possible to thread it and still use a can on it. The can I'm getting is a gemtech tracker which is only 11 ounces. Can I thread it 9/16 or even 1/2 and have enough wall thickness to support a supressor? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by BearStrike2010 View Post
    I just got my howa mini action 6.5 Grendel in and it's the #2 contour barrel not the heavy and not the light. I haven't measured it yet but I'm almost certain it is not going to be thick enough for 5/8 x24 threads. So I'm curious if it will be possible to thread it and still use a can on it. The can I'm getting is a gemtech tracker which is only 11 ounces. Can I thread it 9/16 or even 1/2 and have enough wall thickness to support a supressor? Thanks in advance.

See if this helps: https://thunderbeastarms.com/tech/thread-specifications

Comment

Good info

Comment

You need minimum .695 barrel to thread to 5/8-24. I’ve threaded many slim barrels to 1/2-28 and ran a cheap thread adapter with no issues.

Comment

That's good to know. I was just worried about the pressure I guess with such a thin wall and supporting the weight of a suppressor

Comment

Any more insight?

Comment

If the 1/2 works then most brakes should have a 1/2 thread pitch if not then you should be fine with a adapter if you go the 9/16's route which I have on my 257 wby

Comment

Working...
              X