New lightweight rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New lightweight rifle

Never owned a 700 and I finally decided to buy one. All use this rifle for elk and muleys out west. And I don't care if y'all think 7mm-08 ain't big enough for elk

Specs

Rem 700 Mountain Rifle

7mm-08

Talley lightweights

Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x40

Stock trigger for now

I hear a lot of complaints about this trigger and was about to buy an aftermarket, but this thing feels pretty good and I haven't even adjusted yet. I've yet to actually shoot the gun, so we'll see. I'll probably end up replacing it.

As it sits, she weighs 7lbs 3.9oz. Will be much better to carry around the mountain!

i'd say you got yourself a fine rifle there that will do anything you want it to do! Maybe you should see how well it carries by going after some aoudad as a test run.

Comment

Very nice! But I've heard the bullets from a 7mm08 will bounce off an elk.

Comment

Nice pew-pew man

Comment

Very nice! I'm picking up my mountain rifle this weekend!

Comment

Nice rifle
            As earlier post said, you need a test run with it

Comment

I have one chambered in 280, been shooting it for 20+yrs.

The trigger sucked when I got it, but got it adjusted...perfect now.

Don't be disappointed if you find that it does not group well. The tapered barrel likes certain loads better than others. I had to go through lots of different factory loads before I found on that it shot well and if you are a reloader, making your own loads will give you the most consistency.

Comment

Very cool! Plenty of gun for an elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I highly recommend the Jewel trigger. I like it better than my Timney.

Comment

You'll enjoy it. I've got a 7/08 blued mtn rifle with the dbm. It warms up quickly trying to shoot groups but it is an accurate rifle. Mine shoots the 120 Nosler BT's pretty well.

Comment

Any updates? How does it shoot? Did you find a load it likes? I want this exact rifle sooo freekin bad! Well I guess I'm not coming to steal yours but same model in same caliber.

Comment

7mm08 is plenty of gun for Elk
                        Shoot quality bullets and enjoy I have 3 different rifles in 7mm08.

Comment

Man I haven't even had the time to shoot it yet. I bought ammo (Hornady Superformace SST) but haven't made it out to the range yet. I may go shoot it in the yard tomorrow afternoon.

My one preliminary complaint is the barrel is not perfectly aligned with the forehand of the stock, but I guess QC isn't as good as it once was. I doubt there is anything wrong with the rifle itself, just mass produced actions/barrels going into mass produced stocks.

Also I did upgrade to to Timney flat trigger. Never shot the factory trigger, but I can't help but upgrade. Even with a decent feeling stock trigger.
                          I'll update after I shoot it.

Comment

Let us know. I'm curious to see how you like it and how it shoots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice rifle!

Comment

Working...
                              X