Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks awesome, in!

Comment

gonna be interesting to see how many times you can get out of the blind in the dark after the evening hunt without scaring deer away. Should be an awesome hunt though.

Comment

Maybe use a directional spin unit so the corn is always thrown in one direction. Could keep them from winding you. Just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Good luck....I don't think clothes in a bag of corn is going to help you much though. It's you body that has the stink.
          During the season I take a vinilla shower once a week even if I don't need it

Directional feeder is a solid idea.

We get out with deer around us most everytime. Doesn't seem to bother them much.

I thought about a swivel seat on top. I would rather cut it off and have the middle floor space open.

I figured capacity (825 gallons) will be around 4500lbs +/-. I only can afford to fill it up once a year. That should last awhile anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            .... I found this 825 gallon tank/ feeder with a ladder already fabricated....
            That thing will hold 4450# of corn!

Build it but pay special attention to ways to keep the sound & scent down. I've always though a blind over a feeder would be fun.

Comment

Go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                That thing will hold 4450# of corn!

Build it but pay special attention to ways to keep the sound & scent down. I've always though a blind over a feeder would be fun.
                Hehe, The guy told me it weighs 3500lbs. With 4450lbs. of corn a blind?lbs. and my 330lbs it MIGHT NOT blow over. Its 10 foot tall at the top!

Comment

I have a feeling you are going to be spending a lot of next season being very still, and very quiet.

Comment

I love the idea and I'm jealous because I don't have the resources to try something like that! GO FOR IT!

Comment

Lol, I think it's great and different.

Comment

Worst case scenario, you end up with a BA feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                          I agree..... Mount a Krivoman Directinal feeder on it and then focus in that direction.

Directional feeding sounds like the way to go with this set up. Set the whole dang thing on some kind of motorized turret so you can turn it to throw upwind of you!! If the wind shifts, just move the joystick to turn the whole unit into the new wind direction. You're welcome. I expect royalty checks on profits soon.

Comment

I’m in! Great idea!

Comment

Go big, or go home! I like your style!

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                              Worst case scenario, you end up with a BA feeder.
                              I do think this would make him president of the BA feeder club ... and there have been a few doozies posted on here, over the years!

Comment

Let’s be honest if you hunt south Texas etc the deer will eat out of the bed of your truck while your in the back getting a drink from your cooler.... i wouldn’t sweat it that much if your in one of those areas

Comment

Working...
                                X