No announcement yet.

TPWD Draw Hunt Application Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been applying for hunts for 24 years now and I like the new system better as well. Under the old system, I was drawn for 8 hunts in 20 years (1 hunt every 2.5 years or 0.4 hunts per year). In the new system, I've been drawn 5 times in 4 years (1 hunt every 0.8 years, or 1.3 hunts per year). Already looking forward to this year's draw.

Comment

I have drawn multiple times each year for the last 3. Unfortunately many of them had to be let go (some at the last minute) due to unforeseen circumstances......like broken arms.

Comment

Put in a several times in the last few years and have never drawn... Not sure of the old system, I just wish the state would open up more opportunities... As mentioned already, maybe the system should limit the number of hunts a person will be awarded per year...

Comment

I would save money if TPWD would limit the number of times we could apply. I think TPWD should eliminate the loyalty points system since a lot of people don't seem to understand how they work. Our points aren't like Colorado that guarantee a tag to the applicant with the most points.

Comment

^^^ wish the state would open more opportunities.

Wishful thinking. State parks, WMA, and a wildlife refuges are a drain with only expenditures and very little income. So much that some state parks were sold to local entities.

These hunts could be done year round and create a lot of revenue for the state to be put back into those parks. Instead of marking money and putting it into a general fund.

Even though I feel that way, I'll continue to put in for these drawn hunts. Did my first public hunt last year and it was the toughest hunt I'd ever been on.

Comment

Oops, I meant save me money.

Comment

Working...
              X