X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve always had good experiences with them. Sounds like I’m the odd man out

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Yeah. United tried to screw me big time once. Luckily it affected everyone on that flight, so they back stepped and tried to reconcile. Did they offer a discounted flight? A rental car to get me to my destination? A heart felt apology? Nope. A 7 dollar gift card is what I got for my troubles.
      Lol - I was burnt so I put together a well articulated professional - esque complaint novel email and they gave me $100 dollar flight voucher. It is what it is I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        In for the story. They all suck to some extent or another.
        Agree

Comment

American also has the ugliest/fattest flight attendants.

Comment

^ Lol my buddy is marrying one in November

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
              ^ Lol my buddy is marrying one in November
              Does she fit said description?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                She's the kind flight attendant you hope for. Lets just say that in case of emergency, her chest can be used as a flotation device...

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                  I'd put up with some extra side meat for discount flights any day.

Comment

Can I say Delta!!

Comment

I’ve always had really good luck with them but in for the story

Most of the flight attendants ive had on my American flights are the opposite of the above description

Comment

"Side meat!"

Comment

We were supposed to fly out of Bergstrom at 6:05 for a connecting flight in Dallas, to head to Nassau and arrive today at 4:00 pm. On the way to the airport, my wife is checking to make sure that everything is on time. She got an email at MIDNIGHT saying the flight had been cancelled. They automatically rebook the flight for 7 PM tonight, which we didnt want to do. We were going to drive to Dallas to make our connecting flight so we didnt lose a day of vacation. So,apparently,since we didnt want to lose a whole day of vacation and use the automatic rebooking flight, they bumped us off of our connecting flight and would not out us back on it when we told them we would drive to Dallas. So now, we are leaving at 6:18 today and have to spend the night in Dallas for our connecting flight to Nassau tomorrow. The customer service lady, and I use that term lightly, tells me that they will pay for the hotel. But magically they cant print the voucher because the system wont let them. Imagine that! They tell me that I can get a voucher in Dallas when I land. I tell her that I am not leaving without the hotel voucher for the flight that they cancelled. She responds with "I didnt cancel your flight". I told her "Yeah, but your company did and you are not doing anything to make it right". Her response is "Sir, I need you to leave so I can get these other people to their flight". So they dont care about my family anymore and just want to move on to the next person. The "manager" says she will see to it that I get the hotel voucher once I deplane in Dallas. She says "Just trust me". I tell her that I am missing one whole day of vacation because they cancelled the flight and it had nothing to do with the weather. Our hotel in the Bahamas is not refundable, so we paid for a day that we wont be able to use. Not to mention, they tell us that they cannot refund or do anything at the counter and that we have to do all.of that online. Pretty sure it is all going to be swept under the rug and we wont get any compensation for losing a complete day of vacation.

I am going to blast American Airlines on every social media that I have. It is not so much me that is disappointed, but my kids and wife are terribly upset. They have been looking forward to this for so long and my wife has spent her money on vacation and that is what ****** me off. And no explanation as to why the **** flight was cancelled in the first place. I am getting heated just typing this up.

#NEVERUSEAMERICAN

Comment

I was amazed how bad they were over all last time I flew to Dallas to see grandkids, but I don’t fly much. I would say avoid them

Comment

Since someone else brought it up let me relate my experience last week with them and how I have become a new member of the "I Hate American Airlines" club. I got word that my aunt in North Carolina had passed so I made arrangements to fly out of Shreveport to Raleigh/Durham. Of course I had to change planes in DFW- the trip out there went without a hitch. The trip back on the 17th went like this...flight from RDU to DFW no problem. Once I landed I called the wife and had to take the phone off airplane mode. While talking to her my phone starts dinging- getting emails. Was notified that my flight to Shreveport had been cancelled so I went to a gate and had someone look up another flight that day because AA decided that booking me on a flight the next morning was acceptable. The lady at the counter said another was leaving in about an hour but best we could do was put me on stand by- told her to go ahead on that one but she also said they do have a flight going to Longview. That puts me closer to home in Nacogdoches but doesn't do anything about the fact that my truck is in the airport parking lot in Shreveport. Anyway, make my gate where I am on stand by and see that I am #10 of the 24 on stand by. Not much hope there and then they announce that they are over booked and need four volunteers to take a later flight. Crap! Head over to another counter to see if I can make the flight to Longview and my wife can come get me and take me to Shreveport to get my truck. The guy at the counter asked if I would still like to go to Shreveport....of course I do. So he found another flight going to Shreveport for a little later that day that he was able to get me on. So I have several questions...why wasn't someone at the gate where the original flight was scheduled to leave and help us find other arrangements...and when the girl put me on stand by on the second flight why didn't she see other flights that same day to Shreveport to put me on? So instead of getting home around 2 I got home after 8, but I did make it home. And while sitting at the various gates I was at I found many others that were having the same problem. Needless to say I will fly out of Houston from now on and not with American.

Comment

At least they didn't lose a rifle in the airport...... American did that to me in Atlanta.

Comment

Working...
                                X