AR barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR barrels

I’m looking at building a 6.5 Grendel upper and wanted to get some opinions on barrel companies. I’m really wanting a good barrel that can reach out there, 500-700+ yrds. I’m wanting a 20-24” barrel and will eventually put a night/thermal on top for pigs.

Satern is my choice on barrels. Well made not over priced.

Comment

My Grendel is a one-holer. Satern gets my vote too.

Comment

I'm a big fan of JP. I have a .308 and a grendel. They come with a matched bolt, their not cheap but quality is top notch.

Comment

I have an 18'' Satern on mine and couldn't happier.

Comment

Anyone have the Satern barrel from Brownells?

Comment

Do not get the Satern Liberty barrels. They are button rifled. Get the Cut rifled ones.

Comment

Satern makes excellent barrels. I just checked though, and man their prices have gone up a lot since I bought mine.
                Last edited by sir shovelhands; 01-10-2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                  Anyone have the Satern barrel from Brownells?
                  Those are button rifled, like outbreaker said, avoid.

Comment

I have not had that many AR barrels but probably more than lots of folks. All have been budget brands (Ballistic Advantage, BCA, PSA, etc) but my Faxon barrel is far and away my favorite. It's just stupid accurate

Comment

I run a 20” shilen match that’s a 1 holer at 100. My brother runs the on sale special from psa he got for 99$ also a 1/2” Gun.

Comment

I’ve had good luck with my ballistic advantage barrels. I don’t have experience with 6.5, but have a .300 BLK and .223.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't have a 6.5 but I do have a couple ballistic advantage barrels and for the price they are phenomenal. That said the higher end barrels will be better but like I said for the price they're great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What I like about the Satern cut rifled barrels is the ultra fast brake in.

6 shots and it was done laying copper down in droves.

My last cut rate barrel took 150-200 shots.

Great accuracy will not start until the barrel is smooth and it quits laying down copper in droves.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with the 5R rifling vs standard?

Comment

Working...
                              X