Lower Rio Grande Valley NWR - Teniente Bow Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
    Where you at? Need help? I was about to leave, saw hogs does and turkeys, was gonna come back when the rain lets up.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm good right now. Thanks
    I'm gunna give it another 30 and then start tracking. I've got 2 others from my group close

Comment

Jeez I walked around for two days and didn’t see any sign fresher than a couple weeks! Only thing I spooked were hogs! Haven’t seen deer or nilgai.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
        Jeez I walked around for two days and didn’t see any sign fresher than a couple weeks! Only thing I spooked were hogs! Haven’t seen deer or nilgai.

Went in blind this morning since I had no time to scout before hand, saw Deer, hogs and turkey. Doe spotted me from 130 yards away, I knew I found a good area. Backed out gonna try again later, keep covering ground, that’s what I did this morning going in blind and found some animals.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
          I just smoked a cow broadside at 20!
          Good luck on the recovery. Hope the rain doesn't hurt the blood trail.

Comment

Group of 5 ran into my setup and stopped briefly. The surprised the crap outta me!
            Good job, waiting to see LDPs!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Still looking. We didn't find any blood. My guess is I hit her a bit high.

Comment

Unfortunately we didn't find her. Eating and regrouping to head back out and try to get another one. We all saw animals this morning. One in my group had a big bull run full sprint by him with in 10 yards. Scared the crap out of him! No shot. The other saw a few whitetail does but no shot either.

Comment

Keep the posts coming. They help me get though the day.

Comment

Started pouring on us so we pulled out and hope to give it another go first thing in the morning. Calling for snow! I can handle cold and snow, its the rain that stinks. Anybody else seeing anything?

Comment

Started pouring on us so we pulled out and hope to give it another go first thing in the morning. Calling for snow! I can handle cold and snow, its the rain that stinks. Anybody else seeing anything?

Saw 10 Deer, tons of turkey and a giant hog. No shots on Deer or hogs, out of range. Main goal today was to cover ground since I wasn’t able to scout, won’t be here till mid day tomorrow since I have a final at 8 am.

Comment

I just smoked a cow broadside at 20!
                        Allegedly

Comment

Lol jk tuff animals we tried hard be back at it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzy100 View Post
                            Allegedly
                            Haha. F off troll.

Comment

Allegedly
                              HahaClick image for larger version

Name:	4b854def5bcbc71da1b2cafd5fc3ffb7--hunting-deer-hunting-camouflage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	24522517

Comment

Lol jk tuff animals we tried hard be back at it tomorrow.

They are very tough, even the cows! Are y’all hunting out of ground blinds or tripods? Or just sitting the ground?

Comment

Working...
                                X