No announcement yet.

Open Carry - will you show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been out and about several places the last 4 days and have yet to see an open carry. Guess I'll just have to run up to the local gun store to see this phenomenon for myself. Hope I don't step in any blood with my new Christmas boots.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Took my youngest son Sunday morning to a Ryans restaurant in Conroe (by the infamous Conroe Walmart/Gang Headquarters) while we awaited Academy across the street to open.

Saw a 30.07 sign.

I was CC'ing.

I still turned around in the parking lot and spent my money else where.

You lucked out. Ryans is nasty!

Went to Academy to pick up a couple things. No OC there. I feel lucky to be alive

Comment

I carried my 1911 off duty concealed. I decided to carry my department gun off duty and concealed, so I bought an IWB holster that will hold the attached tlr1. I'm in the mindset to have that powerful light on hand as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
          I carried my 1911 off duty concealed. I decided to carry my department gun off duty and concealed, so I bought an IWB holster that will hold the attached tlr1. I'm in the mindset to have that powerful light on hand as well.

Is that a 17? How's it carry with the light, comfortable??

Comment

Yes it's a 17. It doesn't fill any different tucked away to me.

Comment

I haven't seen one OC yet. I'm still debating on OC or not.

A couple of guys at work say there will be people shot up because of this new law! I asked why they thought that.....one of them responded "Cause now ain't none of these guys open carrying gonna take no crap!" Really? So the placement of my shirt (over the gun for CC or tucked under for OC) dictates how much crap I'm going to take from someone? SMH....some people's kids.

Comment

The only thing I like about the law is not having to worry if I'm printing or my shirt rides up unintentionally. I have no desire to attract unnecessary attention or make some sort of statement. My SIL saw someone OCing at GAP this weekend and was scared by it. People who don't understand that this law was more about the principle of strengthening our gun rights and abuse it are going to add fuel to the fire for anti-gun media sentiment.

Comment

I saw one guy OCing yesterday. At HEB. Fail

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson05 View Post
                    The only thing I like about the law is not having to worry if I'm printing or my shirt rides up unintentionally. I have no desire to attract unnecessary attention or make some sort of statement. My SIL saw someone OCing at GAP this weekend and was scared by it. People who don't understand that this law was more about the principle of strengthening our gun rights and abuse it are going to add fuel to the fire for anti-gun media sentiment.
                    Unintentional display of a concealed firearm hasn't been an issue for a few years now. So, no worries there.

I haven't seen anyone either and I've been actively looking.
                    Last edited by SB09; 01-05-2016, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                      I haven't seen one OC yet. I'm still debating on OC or not.

A couple of guys at work say there will be people shot up because of this new law! I asked why they thought that.....one of them responded "Cause now ain't none of these guys open carrying gonna take no crap!" Really? So the placement of my shirt (over the gun for CC or tucked under for OC) dictates how much crap I'm going to take from someone? SMH....some people's kids.
                      That's funny because I had a co-worker say something very similar to that.

It reminds me of a kid hiding under his blanket when he hears a bump in the night. As long as he stays hidden, the boogie man can't get to him.*

*A recent poll of boogie men indicates the "sheet-over-the-head trick" is rarely effective

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                        Amen!!! I sometimes think I am reading the comments section of the Huffington Post or NY Times rather than TBH.
                        I agree, kind of shocking.

I will mostly conceal carry. I will certainly open carry while hunting, but that's about it. I whole heartily support those that open carry though!!!!

Comment

Most likely I won't. Personally I don't like other people to know. However, I have started to see the 30.07 signs and more 30.06 signs. There is a bank in a building I walk by when I go to a clients office and they never had a 30.06 sign. Now they do along with the 30.07 sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                            I saw one guy OCing yesterday. At HEB. Fail
                            What was the Fail?
                            you don't like HEB?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              What was the Fail?
                              you don't like HEB?
                              HEB not allowing OC. Most (if not all) stores have already posted 30.07 signs.

Comment

Not everyone OC'ing is a civilian....

Comment

Working...
                                X