No announcement yet.

Costal skinny water chariot overhaul #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what the other side looks like, and what I'm aiming for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This brings back some goooood memories for me, so I'm in.

Before he died my dad and I, at my request, took an old rear-steer riverboat and rebuilt it into a flats flyfishing boat. Never got to see it in the water..

Comment

^^^ good to hear. Me and my dad had many a project together. All farm and ranch related though. Never a fun boat project, it was work that led to more work!

Comment

Knocked out a little on the console too. I'm patching the old speaker holes. Lots of not so fun work....

I got 2 more layers in the inside. I was afraid of a temperature drop so I rednecked a heater with a halogen light and my welding fire blanket.

Comment

Wax paper worked!!!! All the excess that squeezed out of the crack was on top. I hit it with a grinder then a sander. I have a heat lamp on it now. I need to warm the hull up to add the epoxy filler.

Comment

Looking good! You have made a heck of a lot of progress on it.

Comment

I'm able to devote 100% of my very limited free time to this rig. Top coat for the other boat was ordered and a got an email a week later. It was backordered and they added an additional 2 weeks. So that order got canceled and we found another source. Until that order arrives I can only work on one boat.

Comment

Gotcha...that blows but, the progress looks awesome

Comment

Topside is primed! The back drain hole is complete too. The glass repair is unnoticeable and I had to reshape the oval hole with a quarter round file. I think it came out really well.

Comment

Wow, looks awesome so far!

Comment

Thanks!!!

Look close and you can see a bunch of circles. The primer is thick and designed to fill in ugly spots. The circled area are spots in not happy with and will get additional epoxy filler added. I got another layer of glass on the old speaker holes on the console too. Tomorrow is another Arctic blast and a chance of snow...then I'm headed outa state so this is the last of it for a few weeks.

Comment

Man I like this thing more and more. Would love to have something like this with either my 25hp Mercury on it or my Johnson 35hp Jet outboard....

Comment

I have a day off and it's raining.....go figure. I did get a little done early this am. Made the last patch on the inside of the console. It's in the bottom left of the picture. It was a hole for the control cables to pass through. It's in a tough spot and going to be a real pita to to patch up.

Temps have been a huge issue. I've been using a thermometer and have been very strict about working within the required temp range. The thermometer has allowed me to get more done by using heat lamps as well. Otherwise there would be even less work getting done.

Comment

Lookin' good!!!

Comment

Got the inside of the console sanded, cleaned and primed.

Comment

Working...
                                X