This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ken View Post
    Crawfish and Noodle on Bellaire in Houston.
    He also did a show back in the day on a BBQ joint over in the Acres Homes area of Houston. When I worked in GP we would go there every once in a while. Friendly people and good BBQ (wet style).

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      No offense but this is the most ignorant misinformed piece of disinformation that could be given on the subject of treating neurosis. You are extremely negligent in even saying this.
      +1

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
        Man, that sucks. It is astonishing that people can live their lives so outwardly while dealing with those demons.
        "High functioning depressive".

Ask yourself, am I depressed? Based on current ideas on depression, you may answer No. But what if you or someone you love has high-functioning depression?

Comment

Loved his writings and shows. He was a unique character for sure. I hope he is now at peace after battling addiction and depression for so long

Comment

I wouldn't consider anything by david wolfe to be credible..... That guy is a quack

Sucks about all these people battling demons. My uncle took his life via hanging years ago.
            You never really know the battles that some people are fighting

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
              I wouldn't consider anything by david wolfe to be credible..... That guy is a quack

Sucks about all these people battling demons. My uncle took his life via hanging years ago.
              You never really know the battles that some people are fighting
              Never heard of the guy, just looking for a basic definition of a highly depressive person to share and help answer the post I was replying too. Having an expertise in this narrowed field I can assure you the 4 main symptoms outlined in that article are accurate descriptors.
              Last edited by Ætheling; 06-08-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Very sad news. I really liked everything he was a part of on TV and writings. He did have a way of narrating that I found interesting and would keep you interested and intrigued about what was coming next. Each show was an insight into the local culture from the past to the present. He had a good show in Cuba.

He did have some addictions in the past and I thought he had beaten them. He definitely knew his food and it could just be a hole in the wall place but he was one to seek it out.

He will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                  Wonder what he had on the Clinton's?
                  I believe his he and his girlfriend accused Weinstein of raping her (the GF).

Comment

No offense but this is the most ignorant misinformed piece of disinformation that could be given on the subject of treating neurosis. You are extremely negligent in even saying this.
                    Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Quote from another forum

"I always respected his stripped down culinary styles. Many of his favorite recipes could be prepared with just a spoon and a heat source"

Comment

He was the reason I started to learn how to cook. He was great with words and he was the only reason I ever watched CNN.

Comment

He also did a show back in the day on a BBQ joint over in the Acres Homes area of Houston. When I worked in GP we would go there every once in a while. Friendly people and good BBQ (wet style).

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Weird cat for sure. [B]They said he was a cocaine and heroine addict[/B], probably had something to do with it.

Back in the day he was, and was open about that. I guess one would know if they were there. Or was that an assumption?

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                              stay away from antidepressants and anxiety meds. nearly every one of the people committing suicide is on them. not to mention the shooting episodes.
                              Please no one listen to this ignorance... People are on those meds because there is a problem. The meds did not cause the problem. The meds give some people what they need go get past the demons they are fighting. People blaming the meds for suicide, and school shootings need to educate themselves.

Comment

I highly recommend his book Kitchen Confidential. Such a great read. It is even better in the Audible form where he reads it himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X