TRAPPING SEASON Thread 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barnag View Post
    Yes coyotes. How do I set the wind as it’s always changing correct?
    Set several traps in the location but most of the time you have a dominant wind I usually set that then one on the other side. Like here we have mostly a south wind an ill set mostly that but then I'll do ahead an set up for a North wind for that front that usually blows in this time of year

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great story and good looking catch Fergeris!

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
        Another female today

Good Job!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Good sized cat

Comment

Got another yote on my domestic dog dropping/coyote pee set. I set it up on Monday night without any care to be scent free. They are just dumb in my area.

I had a question for you pros. I have some old foot traps that are not offset. They are the exact same size as the ones I am using. What do you think about taking a grinder to the inside of the jaws to make them offset? I would assume I would need to round the edges a little when I was done so they aren't sharp. How much should I take off each jaw? Honestly is may be some hardened steel that I can't grind down. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                Got another yote on my domestic dog dropping/coyote pee set. I set it up on Monday night without any care to be scent free. They are just dumb in my area.

I had a question for you pros. I have some old foot traps that are not offset. They are the exact same size as the ones I am using. What do you think about taking a grinder to the inside of the jaws to make them offset? I would assume I would need to round the edges a little when I was done so they aren't sharp. How much should I take off each jaw? Honestly is may be some hardened steel that I can't grind down. I don't know.
                I took an welded a lil tit on the ends an made them wider or gave them the gap. Then rounded the jaws. But I still have alot of old victors that are not offset an I still use them

Comment

Welding a tit seems a lot easier than grinding down both jaws.

Comment

Welding a tit seems a lot easier than grinding down both jaws.
                    Yes sir I've used a small piece of chain before welded to keep them open I like about an 1/8th inch

Comment

So is a 1/8" offset what I am shooting for? Without looking at the traps I would have guessed the offset of mine was closer to 1/4".

Comment

So is a 1/8" offset what I am shooting for? Without looking at the traps I would have guessed the offset of mine was closer to 1/4".
                        Ya for me that's to much but that's me lol

Comment

Started a new ranch today Btoutdoors it's the place we talked about.
                          I found quite a bit of coyote sign today an some cats. Set several traps today an will be back tomorrow to set more. But man the side that I was setting today all sand I didn't have to hardly use my hammer hahahah I loved it.

Comment

I found quite a bit of coyote sign today an some cats. Set several traps today an will be back tomorrow to set more. But man the side that I was setting today all sand I didn't have to hardly use my hammer hahahah I loved it.

That's Great! I figured you would really like that place. I bet you will do good. I have been slammed with Christmas orders and too busy to do much trapping. Good luck and post up the pics!

Comment

I saw on Trapperman this morning that Mark June caught and held a 102 pound lion in a MB 550. It was in Nebraska and it was fitted with a tracking collar and released. Makes me like them 550's even more!

Comment

Aww Eric, your just happy to get out of the land of rocks, and starving lizards and snakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X