Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
    ORRRRRRRR you could throw some quick detach mounts on your photon and another one of your Leupold's (you Leupold lover). Then all you'd have to do is replace the scope with your photon when nightfall comes
    My photon is mounted on a LaRue SPR QD and I have a Leupold Mark 4 MRT 1.5-5x20 on another that ride along in the box with my 300 BLK.

Comment

ORRRRRRRR you could throw some quick detach mounts on your photon and another one of your Leupold's (you Leupold lover). Then all you'd have to do is replace the scope with your photon when nightfall comes
      Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      My photon is mounted on a LaRue SPR QD and I have a Leupold Mark 4 MRT 1.5-5x20 on another that ride along in the box with my 300 BLK.
      How well would/do these setups hold zero????

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
        What about during the day? How's the photon look in daylight? I don't want a designated Night Hunting gun. Then I'd have to tote two rifles to the blind.

Anybody have pics through the scope in the daylight?
        It's clear during the day. Very impressed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
          How well would/do these setups hold zero????
          I've had zero issues returning to zero. That is the question most folks have.

The mounts are rock solid.

Comment

The Photon ships with QD mounts. Or at least I thought it did.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              The Photon ships with QD mounts. Or at least I thought it did.

Nope... Gotta order em

As to shooting in daylight,,,
              Did it yesterday...ringing steel at 100 with my 300 blackout and subsonic loads.

It is b&w just like it is at night...takes a little getting used to, but it works just fine. Would have no problem pole axing a pig or anything else with it during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                I've had zero issues returning to zero. That is the question most folks have.

The mounts are rock solid.
                This has been my main and only hangup with the photon. I don't want a dedicated NV rifle. If swapping scopes is that easy and not losing 0 is true then I may as well rig it up.

Comment

Just get a Larue QD and you can swap back and forth.

Comment

I sighted my 300aac in at an indoor range yesterday, was fine in daylight. I am happy with that. I sighted in supersonics at 100 +1" and subsonics were 0 @ 100 with a can on both.

Comment

Originally posted by offroadodge View Post
                      I sighted my 300aac in at an indoor range yesterday, was fine in daylight. I am happy with that. I sighted in supersonics at 100 +1" and subsonics were 0 @ 100 with a can on both.
                      Wow that doesn't seem right. What supers and subs are you shooting?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
                        What are you using here?
                        atn 3p with my iphone up against the eye peice

Comment

Any thoughts on the Photon3.5x with the doubler and 20IR vs the Pulsar N750 or ATN X-Sight? Or is there something better for under $1500?
                          This will go on a 6.8 AR and probably be shooting pigs mostly around 100-200 yards. Occasionally out to 300.
                          Last edited by BuffaloHump; 07-21-2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

3.5x with doubler would work good for over 100yrds. I wouldn't buy a Pulsar after looking threw the sightmark

Comment

Last edited by Tbar; 07-21-2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I've got 1 Photon 3.5x still in stock. Sightmark only got a handful shipped in this month so dealers only got small portions of their orders. I was thankful to get as many as I did but they've gone fast.

If anyone needs pricing, shoot me a PM. And I've still got the UNV 20IR illuminator, 1.7x doubler and video recorders in stock as of right now. I can also get you pricing on anything else from Sightmark or Pulsar if anyone is interested. I can backorder the X-Sight but I don't really recommend it since no one can confirm when it's really going to be available.

Comment

Working...
                                X