Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Time To Make This Porch Bigger, And Add Some FIRE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great!

Comment

Just for grins, the story on the redfish.

My wife, son, and I were fishing in Rockport last July with my Buddy Matt (double lung) and his daughter. We had found a few reds and good bait the day before, and we're back in that spot the next day next to a reef in knee deep water. We had caught a few, including Snoop's first keeper (26 1/2").

I had been wading around the boat to stay cool, help the kids, and had just hopped back in the boat. I baited a rod and stuffed it in a rod holder on the front of the boat, grabbed a beer, and walked to the back to take my boots off. As I walked back to the front, that rod doubled over hard. I ran up and grabbed it, set the hook, and handed it to Snoop. HIS story is when he grabbed it, he caught the line between his hand and the rod. Either way the fish made a run, I'm not so sure he just wasn't quite ready for a fish that size, but he let go. And with that, my new Waterloo and Curado went over the side....and over I went diving after it....with a super graceful belly flop. I landed right over the rod and got ahold of it with the fish still on, and cut both feet open on the shell. I got gathered back up and asked Blair if she wanted to do the honors, she did so I handed off and got back in the boat. She handled the next 4-6 minutes just fine, and our buddy Weeaks (Ground checkin heavies) handled the net duties while I bled all over the boat. The fish ended up being 32"-32 1/4", so we tagged it.

Snoop was still irritated, about getting line burned, or letting mom get the glory, I'm not sure....

It was an awesome fish, and an awesome weekend, either way. Wed been looking for some artwork to go over the TV anyway, so it made sense to have a replica made. Our very own BradCo did the replica honors in fine style.

So that's the story of our family redfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff, Moser.

Nice porch, too.

Comment

Working...
        X