No announcement yet.

Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over a year ago I drew a design for a 12×24 Cabin but never finished the plans. I was suffering from a sort of writer’s block. No form of therapy seemed to work to help me break free – not even reading Steven Pressfield’s The War of Art. Inspiring book – but other people’s answers rarely work for me. Back when I was a potter I had trouble finishing work too. I guess I just liked the time on the wheel when the clay was wet. Once the pots were ready to glaze I often lost interest unless the firing

I'm thinking about using the above plan as a base and going from there

I can't recall did you use a plan?
    Which one?

Comment

Very impressed. I’ve had my book and done some minor projects. Curious what your total was on this build and what it ended up being per square foot ?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
        Very impressed. I’ve had my book and done some minor projects. Curious what your total was on this build and what it ended up being per square foot ?
        Thanks! I'm glad it's done. Lol

Spent just under $43k and came out to $44/SQ FT

Comment

If you told me you could build a house for under $50 / ft I would have called bull **** all day long no matter how much work you did yourself. Impressive sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
            Hey Guys thinking about giving the small home build a try. I cant find the book at a decent price. Anyone willing to part with theirs?
            I just bought one off Ebay for $7 and free shipping. Go to Ebay!

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
              If you told me you could build a house for under $50 / ft I would have called bull **** all day long no matter how much work you did yourself. Impressive sir.
              You can build a very nice "custom home" on a slab for less than $80 per sq. ft.

Home builders are flat making a killing these days..

Comment

BIL has been painting and adding a few things to the outside. Thought I would update with a pic.

I added stairs to the right side off the master bedroom porch and he did all the skirting.
                Attached Files

Comment

has to be one of my top 5 favorite threads. Jason, you're a skilled craftsman and a very humble person. The world would be a lot better place if there were more like you. Beautiful home, sir. Hope all is well with the family!!

Comment

Talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      BIL has been painting and adding a few things to the outside. Thought I would update with a pic.

I added stairs to the right side off the master bedroom porch and he did all the skirting.
                      So awesome

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still one of the best threads on tbh

Comment

Thanks all. Glad I'm not out in this heat all over again doing this. Last summer was rough!

Comment

Awesome thread, lots of good info. I'll have to check out buying that book.

Comment

You sure did a great job! Master Builder I'd say...well done.

Comment

Working...
                                X