Stand and Fill Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand and Fill Choices

I’m about to upgrade both of my feeders and these are the two I’m looking at.....Both are the same price and both are 600#.

Which one and why?

Pros and Cons of each please...

Lamco Low and Throw

MB Ranch King Mighty Buck Feeder

I have 3 of the lamcos. I know of no cons. The are easy to fill , don't leave corn under the feeder, coons can't get to the timer and controls easy to get to.
    Haven't tried or don't know anyone with the MB. The only thing I would worry aboyt is the eliminator plate. Not for sure, but I think that is what a buddy of mine had on his feeder & had some issues that it would get stiff and not work properly. Again ,this could be a different plate. Honestly ,both are probably top of the line products.

Comment

I will be getting one of the 1000lb lamco before next season. I have read they disperse corn pretty good cause of the plates and doest pile up under the feeder like others with cages.

Comment

LAMCO low and throw are the best stand and fills on the market. No corn under feeder, motor mounted on inside and out of the elements and the control unit mounted on the side for easy access.

Comment

Everything you guys are saying about the Lamco, I am seeing in the Mighty Buck Feeder also....Am I wrong in that thinking?

Comment

I have the ASF and have zero complaints but that Lamco feeder is a good looking feeder. I'd probably lean that way if I were buying another.

Comment

I looked at both when I bought my Lamco's.

Comment

That mb feeder looks good and seems to have the same advantages as the lamco. The only reason I am going with the lamco is I can get them less than a mile from my house.
                Last edited by RickH78; 01-24-2018, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
                  That mb feeder looks good and seems to have the same advantages as the lamco. The only reasreason I am going with the lamco is I can get them less than a mile from my house.
                  I can get either one at the same place close to my house so distance is not an issue

Comment

My only con against the MB would possibly the eliminator plate. I don't like anything more complex than necessary, if you knew my luck ,you would know why. LOL!
                    The lamco does the same thing with a regular spinner plate.

Comment

Look at the krivoman feeders! I just bought one and love it. He has tons of different designs and does custom stuff also.

Comment

Bought Lamco for last season. Withstood critters and hogs w/o any issues. I'd buy again if had to.

Comment

I have 3 lamco and they are great. Agree with everything DUKFVR said. The eliminator plate is good but I had one not close and pour all the corn on the ground. Not fun to watch on your covert when the lease is 5 hours away and you can get there for a few weeks. Never an issue with the lamco.

Comment

I have a might buck and love it. Timer in the lid, right at eye height. Te motor/spinner is in a sturdy housing. I'm not sure the Lamco is as sturdy, but haven't laid eyes on one. That's a lot going on underneath the Lamco with the sheetmetal plates?

Comment

Looks like more guys have Lamcos. I don't have experience with either. That said, I would go ask the owner and or manager at the place you intend to buy a feeder and ask them their thoughts on the two. They would likely be hearing feedback from customers. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X