• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just use my Ipad

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
      I just use my Ipad
      I feel like the tablet route should be a lot easier to go through the pictures.. Am I right or wrong here?

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
        I feel like the tablet route should be a lot easier to go through the pictures.. Am I right or wrong here?
        Yep, especially during season. I do it in the blind while waiting.

Comment

I think computer is much easier than tablet.
          Put SD card in computer, view photos, save only a handful of pictures.
          Will need extra SD cards to go this route.

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
            Why would I need extra cards?.. We get to the lease collect all the cameras, go through pics while we are there, clear the cards, and set the cameras back out before we leave to go home.

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
              I did it that way with the computer as well, so that way I spent minimal time in the area.

Comment

Why would I need extra cards?.. We get to the lease collect all the cameras, go through pics while we are there, clear the cards, and set the cameras back out before we leave to go home.
                Because we leave the cameras running 24/7/365

Comment

Wow. I haven't heard of anyone doing this with SD card cameras ever. Everyone I know has 2 cards per camera. Swap cards and be done.

Skinny

Comment

We have plenty extra cards... But we just grab the cameras while we are there.. We have 9 feeders but only run 5 cameras... We may hunt for a few days and decide to shuffle the cameras around and set them up elsewhere... I guess i forgot to mention we have a 7 hour drive to the lease so its not like we are checking the cameras every other weekend or anything like that.

Comment

I just started using an iPad and it is great. I bring the iPad with me to each camera and download everything then sort it back at the house. I think we have a 16 GB iPad and it never has any issues with storage or acting slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have always just eject the sd card from the camera and replace with another sd card. Then I can view the sd card at my leisure. Keep the photos that I want then clear the card. It is ready to put back in the next weekend. This route requires 2 cards for every camera but I like it.

I like the idea of viewing all my pics while I am in the stand waiting. I need to get a small laptop or Ipad that can read a sd card I guess.

Comment

I download all of them so that I can scan through them to make sure I don't miss anything... I save the ones I want to a file for that particular stand, and then delete all the pictures and clear the card.
                          I do this on my iPad. Download all the pics off a particular sd card, quickly resize the ones I want to keep (so I can pick them out from the rest of the thumbnails), then hit select all, then click the ones I've resized. Then delete all. The ones I've clicked to keep are then saved to an album of my choice. It's the fastest way I've found for the iPad.

Comment

This is getting off topic... I most likely don't get to go check cameras as much as most folks on here... I'm just asking your preferred method when you do check them.. If you have a particular brand cheap laptop or tablet that has done well let me know!

Comment

Just one of those sd card readers you put on your phone work well you can save all pics you want to off of them to your phone then you can do what ever with them after that you can store them off of your phone on to a computer later if you want to ! That reader with erase all your cards as well and it's pretty quick if you don't have 2000 pics to go through!!

Comment

I use my Surface Pro and a card reader. It downloads 3000 pics in aprox. 1 min. I then go through the pics later and delete the BS ones. I do this for 3 cameras, works pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X