No announcement yet.

Green Chile Pork Stew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't listen to those that say you shouldn't eat big boars.

My beautiful wife shot this big boar Friday night, and he's the feature guest in the best batch of this stew I've ever made. Three cans mild and one can hot chilis is the perfect combo! Wow is all I can say.

Comment

Perfect dinner tonight
      Wife made sourdough cornbread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Put you to sleep. Did a big one for Christmas a few years back and put 8ish people to sleep watching football.......

Comment

Sounds really good!

Comment

Its really nice post, i like to take meet in dinner whatever it can be, just check.

Comment

Just found this thread. For those looking for good Green Chile's- try www.505chile.com

Hands down the best green Chile besides fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                Just found this thread. For those looking for good Green Chile's- try www.505chile.com

Hands down the best green Chile besides fresh.

That's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                  Put you to sleep. Did a big one for Christmas a few years back and put 8ish people to sleep watching football.......
                  Thanks for the reminder. Need to go to the store.................

Comment

my Sams has the big jar too

In pearland. Have made this several times. Great!!Just dump the whole jar in.

Comment

Probably I'll cook it for my family today. Thanks for this recipe!

Comment

Made some this evening from a hog the wife shot last season. Wow! Still my favorite dish.

Comment

Since moving to CO I've since realized it's a big deal here. But they put beans in their chili, I mean stew at that point.

I've had several and just can't get the feel for it. It's alright but not a good red chili

Comment

Back to the top for this green chile pork stew. Got a batch in the instant pot right now using some “locally sourced” wild hog. Perfect for a cold, wet, dreary winter day!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                              Ingredients:

2 to 3 lbs pork, cut in 1" cubes
                              1/4 cup flour
                              1 teaspoon cumin
                              1 teaspoon black pepper
                              1 teaspoon salt
                              1 teaspoon garlic powder
                              3 tablespoons vegetable oil
                              1 large onion, coarsely chopped
                              4 peeled potatoes, cut to 1" cubes
                              4 (4oz) cans of green chiles
                              2 cups tomatillo salsa (salsa verde)
                              1 container (15 oz) chicken broth

Preparation:

Place flour, cumin, pepper, salt and garlic powder in a gallon ziplock bag. Add pork cubes and shake to coat thoroughly. Brown pork in hot oil in batches. Remove when browned and set aside. Place onions, chiles, potatoes, salsa, chicken broth and pork in a large pot. Add more salt to taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 2-3 hours stirring occasionally.

You can vary the heat with your choice of green chiles. I used two cans of hot and two fans of mild Hatch branch chiles. It was hotter than I expected. My next batch will only have one can of hot and three cans of mild.

Recipe back to the top for those that don’t wanna go all the way back on the thread.

Comment

This is a great recipe. Have used many times...and I'm due for a batch especially with this winter weather. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X