2017...Wichita Falls and surrounding counties Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    Well my first sit this morning and so far it's been interesting. Woke up and my stomach was growling. I never have a stomach ache. So I sit on the thrown awhile. I start walking to the blind and about 100 yards from the blind there are 3 does and a small 10. I walk right by them in the dark. Get in the blind set up and my stomach really is boiling. Now I haven't thrown up in a long long time. There is a small 6 point at the feeder waiting for it to go off. It goes off and I go off about the same time. I fling the door open and let her go. Unfortunately it came out both ends. So I am going back to camp reshower and lay back down. The only thing I can think of is I made a sandwich about 10 after I got here and used some bad mayo or mustard out of the fridge. I just bought the meat, bread and chips I had.
    Oh well.
    I know that's TMI,
    Buddy I hope you feel better soon. Cover scent may or may not be an issue this afternoon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Two weeks ago does and small bucks were really hitting the feeder and hand corn. Haven't had a big deer show up yet. I haven't checked cameras in two weeks. Hopefully today. Western Wise County.
      I forgot, 1 doe down.
      Last edited by oktx; 10-21-2017, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I came home lastnite cause it was so hot and windy thursday and friday. I'll go back after the front next week. good luck fellas. we need to set up a breakfast meet in Archer City or Olney.

Comment

Originally posted by Incline View Post
          Buddy I hope you feel better soon. Cover scent may or may not be an issue this afternoon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
          Lmao That scent might last awhile. I trashed all clothing involved.

I slept most the day. I feel a little better, thanks.

It kept getting better. I pulled my mule off the trailer and it had a flat.

About 45 minutes ago we had a storm come thru and knocked out the electricity. Since we

bum our electricity it off a pump jack. It will be out till the pumper comes out.

With all the negative atleast I am at the lease and it couldn't be better.

Comment

just got all my stuff loaded...gonna give it a go in the morning!

Comment

Sunday report. I sat at a new feeder we put up 6 weeks ago. We just put up a bow blind that morning. With no pen around it was hog central. I ran off 10 or so walking in. 40 minutes later had 8 show up. I stuck the big boar and they never returned. We are going to pen it off next weekend.
              Another hunter sat across the road in our new oat field that only has volunteer wheat coming up. They are planting this week. He saw 40-50 deer and about 20 bucks most of them being yearlings or two-year-olds. He did see a 125 inch 10. None were chasing. Then at dark, late a 145 inch 10 came out and chased a doe all over the place.

Comment

Is anyone going to be out with the bow this weekend? I have a super busy schedule but am thinking about waking up early Tomorrow morning and driving to the lease in Archer just to make a morning hunt. Winds show to be out of the NW a 5mph and temps down to 30. The perfect storm in bow season has arrived, do y’all think that’d be worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                  Is anyone going to be out with the bow this weekend? I have a super busy schedule but am thinking about waking up early Tomorrow morning and driving to the lease in Archer just to make a morning hunt. Winds show to be out of the NW a 5mph and temps down to 30. The perfect storm in bow season has arrived, do y’all think that’d be worth it?
                  I would go if anyway I could. Last weekend was a disaster. 3.5 hours for 2 hunts isn't worth it for me. Especially getting back home at 11pm Sunday night.
                  Good Luck!

Comment

I'm from Wichita Falls, but I will be in Baylor county in the morning at my lease and then Archer County at our family land for the evening and probably Sunday as well!

Comment

I got permission from the ole lady so I’ll wake up and make the 2.5 hr drive and hope for that monster I’ve never seen before to show up

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	428FFE0C-A2D7-464C-B4F0-D6EE89169FC3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	24515530

40+ turkey came thru and wiped out my hand corn as well. Had 7 pigs come n really early but did not have enough light to see my peep in the pop-up. 2 doe and a small 8 came through but never stopped. Still waiting on el grande to show up, guessing he slept in this morning. Heard two rifle shots so far and they sounded like hits. I’ll update in a bit!

Comment

Didn’t see anymore activity at the stand this morning. I went to check on a food plot near by and it looks like the army worms wiped most of it out. The peas seemed to be in the best shape but the oats, wheat and elbon were hit hard. I believe I will plant substantially later next year and try to buy a large spray rig to make the gly spray easier as well as keep up with the army worms if they invade again. I have another 3-4 acre plot on another property nearby that I will have to check next weekend. Very expensive lesson learned there. Activity was very high as I saw a fox and three deer on the CR as I left. Good luck to all of you in the stand or at the lease this weekend! Will be headed back out early Friday to hopefully catch one last hunt before the rifle opener on Saturday.

Comment

I got pictures of a buck from Archer county this morning. It was taken by a friends brother. I don't know details but will try to find out the scoop. So i dont feel like posting the picture. I could count 26 points and it will score over 220-230 I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                              I got pictures of a buck from Archer county this morning. It was taken by a friends brother. I don't know details but will try to find out the scoop. So i dont feel like posting the picture. I could count 26 points and it will score over 220-230 I'm sure.
                              That’s a crazy big deer and especially for this area. The deer do seem to be getting better every year! Did you know which part of the county it was taken?

Comment

That’s a crazy big deer and especially for this area. The deer do seem to be getting better every year! Did you know which part of the county it was taken?
                                Never mind, I found out it came from a high fenced place in Archer county. "NOTHING AGAINST HIGH FENCED DEER" Don't know where it is in the county. It scored 257.

Comment

Working...
                                X