The Trump drama never stops...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    You gona give the man a chance to do so or just keep repeating the same ol BS time and time again?

Honestly how do you expect him to be able to accomplish these things with people fighting him every step of the way? Also what time frame would you like all this done?
    Lol....nope.....7 months was yesterday. That is what HE said. HE did not say give me a grace period, like any reasonable ideolog would require. HE said I can get it done easily and fast......I guarantee! !! (Over and over and over) Folks voted on that premise. 0-10 was the report on VICE news last night.....ouch! !! Lots of executive orders but that is not legislation .......just a band aid. Thank God i only expect 3 things from our president.....u know what that is......I do truly believe he can accomplish those things with some FOCUS!!!! I am held accountable everyday....as you are! Both houses are HIS.....get'er done as I truly support the platform he promised all of us.[emoji36] [emoji631] [emoji120]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
      Ooooh, the sweet, sweet sound of term limits. This is my jam. You are correct, Sir. They will never vote themselves out so, why don't We the People? That was rhetorical and you and I know why. Cornyn is the majority whip in the Senate.
      Term limits don't address the issue. They simply cycle through crooked/incompetent politicians at a faster rate. Every election is an opportunity to kick out the bad ones. Term limits would also boot the good ones as well as the bad. Would you want to dump people like Sessions, Trey Goudy, Chuck Grassley, and Duncan Hunter just because their term is up?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
        You mean like he is completely out of the political picture? Not in the news at all? Rode off into the sunset like Bush.

This was from just yesterday -

Of the 860 rules or proposed rules that the Trump administration has killed, 179 came from what he called Mr. Obama’s “secret” list. As Trump aides combed through the books, they found pending proposals that included rules on hardwood plywood research and new requirements for contamination control in cattle slaughter operations......

During Mr. Trump’s first six months in office, he has eliminated 16 major regulations that had cost businesses at least $100 million per year each. He has introduced only one major regulation, pertaining to mercury in wastewater........

Federal agencies under Mr. Trump have withdrawn 469 proposed regulations from a report last fall under Mr. Obama. Another 391 proposed regulations have been delayed for further evaluation.

Trump officials said the Obama administration introduced rules in the last six months of 2016 that would have imposed $6.8 billion in annual costs on the economy, while the new rules during Mr. Trump’s first five months have imposed no costs.

Did not read all that honestly on my cell. But the answer was NO......private citizen can do or say what they want, just like us on tbh!
        I am talking about leading our country .....and world. I am sure you knew that.....however, Private citizen Obama ain't the final say on nada......OUR President is!!! Should he go away....certainly but that is his choice as a citizen. ....part of the freedom we have.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          Please don't put facts in the mans face but but Trump has done NOTHING since he has been in office
          Nothing legislative. .......we all can sign executive orders. Obama was a master of that. Oh, Carrier AC is moving 70% of there manufacturing even though our president gave them benefits and cash to stay.....ouch!!! Hopefully we put a tariff on them as that is corporate theft $!!![emoji383] [emoji35]

Comment

Ooooh, the sweet, sweet sound of term limits. This is my jam. You are correct, Sir. They will never vote themselves out so, why don't We the People? That was rhetorical and you and I know why. Cornyn is the majority whip in the Senate. You don't get that job unless you're a dirt-legged whore for the Party. Cornyn is the absolute worst politician for Texas. That says a lot with Joe Strauss at the helm. Cornyn's reach is far and wide.

I have never voted for Cornyn and never will. I just cannot. When he has gone unopposed, that box goes unchecked. We need to rid ourselves of the plague that is John Cornyn and do so soundly. No one believed his predecessor from Virginia (his name escapes me because he is so forgettable) could be beaten but he was run out of Washington on a rail. It will be up to us. Cornyn is too busy becoming filthy rich while standing on our shoulders.
            I have preached term limits for 10 years.......it is something citizens can demand. But remember, folks say it ain't my congressman....or senator that is the problem!!!![emoji15] absoulutely insane!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
              Term limits don't address the issue. They simply cycle through crooked/incompetent politicians at a faster rate. Every election is an opportunity to kick out the bad ones. Term limits would also boot the good ones as well as the bad. Would you want to dump people like Sessions, Trey Goudy, Chuck Grassley, and Duncan Hunter just because their term is up?
              Yes.....get a daggum JOB!!!![emoji106] Just like colonial times go home and be a common citizen and be productive. They go to DC a $44,000 per year starving lawyer and retire a multi millionaire. ........hummm......something wrong with that picture!!# [emoji383] [emoji35] [emoji107]

Comment

Yep, term limits for ALL. Most politicians start out with good intentions. But you know what they say, "Power Corrupts". They get all this power and then their job becomes keeping their job...forever. How many congressman to you see retire before they are 70?

At least with term limits they would have a limited amount of time and would be more worried about doing what is right for the country instead of getting re-elected. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Don't they continue to get paid once they leave office?

One caveat to term limits: Once your term is up it's up. Absolutely no lobbying. I saw a report that a couple of Obama peeps they were part of the ACA now work for big medical earning a couple million dollars a year salary.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                    Yep, term limits for ALL. Most politicians start out with good intentions. But you know what they say, "Power Corrupts". They get all this power and then their job becomes keeping their job...forever. How many congressman to you see retire before they are 70?

At least with term limits they would have a limited amount of time and would be more worried about doing what is right for the country instead of getting re-elected. Just my 2 cents.
                    If they aren't serving their constituency, then their constituency can and should vote them out. If the average politician is in his last term, then he has no check on bad behavior. He's got nothing to lose because he's not subject to reelection. You think its bad now?? Wait until you get a bunch of crooked term-limited pols who DGAS. Case in point: Obama's list of pardons and commutations in his last week in office.

You guys chirping about term limits haven't considered all the ramifications of how this will change behaviors in elected officials. As I said before, term limits are a band-aid at best and don't address the issue of bad politicians. It might even make it worse as those going into elected office know beforehand they can leverage their time in office to self-serve their interests after their term is up... sooner rather than later.

I hate the likes of Maxine Waters, John Cornyn, and others as much as anyone, but term limits aren't the solution.

Comment

If they aren't serving their constituency, then their constituency can and should vote them out. If the average politician is in his last term, then he has no check on bad behavior. He's got nothing to lose because he's not subject to reelection. You think its bad now?? Wait until you get a bunch of crooked term-limited pols who DGAS. Case in point: Obama's list of pardons and commutations in his last week in office.

You guys chirping about term limits haven't considered all the ramifications of how this will change behaviors in elected officials. As I said before, term limits are a band-aid at best and don't address the issue of bad politicians. It might even make it worse as those going into elected office know beforehand they can leverage their time in office to self-serve their interests after their term is up... sooner rather than later.

I hate the likes of Maxine Waters, John Cornyn, and others as much as anyone, but term limits aren't the solution.
                      You have some valid points to consider. But no system is perfect and especially not the one we have now. I believe that with term limits politicians would have more incentive to serve the people and address the important issues that are politically "off limits" to seriously address at this point in time. Such as social security, welfare, real immigration reform, etc.... These cans just get kicked down the road and nobody wants to make any tough decisions. Term limits would improve this. Not saying it would be perfect but I think it would be much better.

Comment

Yes, I still agree. While I would hate to see Cruz, Paul, Lee, Gomert leave office but it is best for the Country. The reason: The names listed are such the minority, it would be best in the long run. It would limit the relationships these guys are able to build while in D.C. We have NO IDEA what goes on behind the scenes. They could all be on the take for all we know. There is no reason in the World that Ted Kennedy was in the Senate for 40+ years. NONE. He needed to go as well as McCain, Snow, Durbin, Schumer, etc. Losing the many that do damage is far more beneficial than losing the angst of losing the few that do well. Let's be honest, the ones we all like are essentially just chop blocking both sides. They are really just treading water because they're outnumbered. I like Charles' caveat of no lobbying after their term is up. Bye Bye means just that.
                        Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 07-21-2017, 08:57 PM.

Comment

If they aren't serving their constituency, then their constituency can and should vote them out. if the average politician is in his last term, then he has no check on bad behavior.IHe's got nothing to lose because he's not subject to reelection. You think its bad now?? Wait until you get a bunch of crooked term-limited pols who DGAS. Case in point: Obama's list of pardons and commutations in his last week in office.

There is no check for some of these guys regardless in many, many districts...term limits fixes the stupid voter. If it is good enough and accepted for potus, then it is good for EVERY ELECTED official!! Public service should not be a career.

There is absolutely NO REASON on the planet to NOT consider term limits for congress & senate...let them give us their best shot & never return. Good riddance. Maybe if this was in place it would encourage those who WANT to make a difference in their time.

My angle is simply why not consider it since we have a total history of lifetime politicians failing us, making laws they do not have to adhere, lifetime retirement, etc. The only way these power hungry weasels will disperse is to limit their time at the public trough.

Sorry friend, but limits is a step in the right direction & very much worth considering!!

Comment

I like Charles' caveat of no lobbying after their term is up. Bye Bye means just that.
                            It's basically impossible to stop someone from being a lobbyist after they leave office. They just give them a title of something like "senior adviser" or "consultant". And if they just so happen to run into a politician on the hill and strike up a conversation about a certain bill, well that's not really lobbying, right?

It's all a big joke.

Comment

And meanwhile sessions discussed campaign with Russians and jr refused to testify in public as the said he would.

Comment

Originally posted by smc View Post
                                and meanwhile sessions discussed campaign with russians and jr refused to testify in public as the said he would.
                                [ATTACH]863959[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X