No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just looked at the "current" elevation (pun intended). And the W lake is now .56 feet above normal. That's right, I has come up over 6 inches since this morning.

Storm must have spoke to the higher ups at ACE. Grandbury cut it's water release back to 4157 cfs at the present.

I wonder how much the W lake will rise over night now that the crest of Grandbury's water rush is getting there.

Comment

We're at mcCown at a family reunion now and we can tell it's definitely up

Comment

W lake is .78 feet above normal at the present. Releasing 81 cfs. Yes, that's a low release.

PK is releasing 291 cfs. Lake is at normal level (0.0). But still has a .11 foot rise in the last 24 hours.

Grandbury has cut it's release back some more to 1750 cfs. Lake is 3" low. Guess yesterday's cutback wasn't enough for Storm.

The A lake is 2+ above normal. It came up 1.16 feet over night.

In all, I think that the Army Corps of Engineers is doing a dang good job of keeping everyone down stream, and up, safe from flooding . That is their number 1# job to begin with. I look at the lakes down stream. And every one except Georgetown is at, or slightly above, capacity. With no sever river flooding. Georgetown is 2.47 feet below normal.

Comment

W lake is .82 feet above normal. Same release as yesterday.

Grandbury is releasing 440 cfs. Cut back from yesterday.

PK is releasing 291 cfs.

For those that catfish from the bank: if you can find some flooded green grass of any type, you will find fish. Worms work great in those conditions. You can find the fish in as little as 2 foot of water.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-11-2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

W lake has dropped to 8 inches above normal.

Grandbury still releasing about the same amount. This is the same release rate they had most of this spring between Jan and May, with exception to one high release.

PK releasing 135 cfs.

Comment

Anyone fished Aquilla past few days? Been thinking about going out.

Comment

Aquilla was up 2 foot above normal. But looks like it's dropped to 1.85 feet above normal now.

Comment

Whitney is releasing water at 4626 cfs. The lake elevation is .43 feet above normal and dropping.

PK is releasing 293 cfs. And .09 feet above normal.

And Grandbury is not releasing anything. It is also at about normal level.

Aquilla appears to be releasing some at 314 cfs. And is 1.67 feet above normal.

Comment

Battled the wind today. Not much biting. Few bass and a few crappie. Three other boats close by and they did about the same.

Comment

A long standing member, and long time Whitney and Aquilla hunter, has been selected for starting the new 2017-2018 thread in August this year. And has accepted the task. He's a very experienced hunter and has taken some great bucks over the years. And as usual, I won't say who it is. It will be a surprise like it has been every year when he starts the new thread in August, after the August Cleburne Get-2-Gether.

Comment

If he/she has been long standing, offer them a chair?

Let's see if I can guess.

Comment

For the fishing guys stripers and whites are biting and easy to catch at whitney they were on schooling most of day yesterday. Mostly around harbor master. And state park areas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

That almost is temping to drag the boat out of the back yard. And go chase-em again! But then I'd probably wind up sick again from being in the sun to long, or over heating again.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              That almost is temping to drag the boat out of the back yard. And go chase-em again! But then I'd probably wind up sick again from being in the sun to long, or over heating again.
                              For a young man like your self u could get in touch with someone like my self and make a evening trip then u dont have to get your boat.. [emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Carlock, if it was a day like Sunday morning with cooler temps, I'd take ya up on that. That's why I put my boat up for the summer; the warmer temps. I got a little delirious over Fathers Day while outside cooking fish for the family Sunday afternoon. Once you get heat sickness really bad, things are never the same. And it gets easier to get sick again the more ya get sick/over heated.

Looks like I'll be starting back to work on the 10th. Not sure if I'll even get to hunt this year. Or anything else for a while. Got to make it while I can.

Comment

Working...
                                X