• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
      Take that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      They took it. The Rangers earned this Series. The Astro bats were anemic.

Congrats to the Rangers.

Comment

Nice work Rangers. Nice to see a spark.

Comment

Nice series win. Hope the rangers can win some more to keep the season interesting also hope the stros get their bats going and go on a tear after this.

Comment

Pretty amazing that 44-year-old Bartolo Colon was throwing a no-hitter in the 8th. Great pick-up. And glad to see Jake Diekman back healthy after what he's been dealing with. And Chirinos accounted for every run despite getting beat up just about every way possible.
            Last edited by tradtiger; 04-15-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
              Pretty amazing that 44-year-old Bartolo Colon was throwing a no-hitter in the 8th. Great pick-up. And glad to see Jake Diekman back healthy after what he's been dealing with. And Chirinos accounted for every run despite getting beat up just about every way possible.
              A no hitter AND a perfect game into the 8th. That's wild for a dude his age.

Comment

I only got in on this thread today because things have been super busy, but it was great to see it stay mostly positive about the baseball, and not the BS.

I fully expect the stros to get the better of us for a while, and I'm not opposed to any GOOD smack talk, but baseball talk is more fun when it's about the game.

Hope the stros go dance all over the angels, moving forward. I said it last year, and it remains true...that is a terrifying lineup!

Comment

Just like last year...the Astros bats seem to be all in....or all asleep. Hopefully they will be caffeinated more than not this season.

Comment

Been out at kids baseball all weekend..but followed a little on phone,... Rangers took that series.. and had a Colon sounded like he was dealin.
                    Cant Hit Cant win...
                    the youngsters gotta get consistent in the hitting ...

Id like to think they are getting that midyear thing they had last year out of the way early

congrats Rangers

Comment

Great game to watch - two pitchers dictating pace and keeping it moving. Throwing strikes and not taking hours in between pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Just like last year...the Astros bats seem to be all in....or all asleep. Hopefully they will be caffeinated more than not this season.

I think ol big sexy’s stuff had more to do with that than there hitting abilities. As soon as he lost command and the late movement they started putting the ball in play.

Comment

I wish I would have been watching that game on the tv instead of from the down the 3rd base line at club level. Hard to see how good the pitches were! Good win by the Rangers. See ya next time.

Comment

Colon pitched his arse off.

Nothing he threw was straight or flat until the 8th inning. He hit a wall.

Comment

Verlander pitched better than Colon I thought. Colon was getting a W I D E and L O W strike zone....one cheap *** hr to Crawford boxes....great game to watch..

Astros bats are struggling now....last in AL with RISP at .150- that wont last but dang if their pitching hasn't been as dominate as it has they would have a losing record right now.
                              Cole had 14 K- no decision
                              Morton had 12 K- no decision
                              Verlander had 11 K- no decision

I would venture to say that has never been done before in 3 straight games

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                                Verlander pitched better than Colon I thought. Colon was getting a W I D E and L O W strike zone....one cheap *** hr to Crawford boxes....great game to watch..
                                Of course you did..... The ump was pretty much money all night until the last inning. Many made the same comment in this thread...Astros fans as well. Including zztex who dies a little inside every time he has to give a Ranger a compliment.

The ump did have a few questionable calls late AFTER Colon left but he was probably ready to get out of there. Colon had a perfect game through 7 against this Astros' offense and you think Verlander pitched obviously better against this ****ty Rangers' offense?.. Come on now... take off those orange colored glasses.

They both pitched great games.

And that "cheap *** HR" was a hanging mistake that Chirinos promptly put over the left field fence. The only thing cheap about it was the seat it landed in.
                                Last edited by Smart; 04-16-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X