The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
    Picked up a few store picks of 1792 full proof. I have another store pick of this and these two are definitely better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    The artwork on that Blind Pig store pick is great.

Comment

Infinity is getting started tonight. Been specifically waiting for my next Blantons to go empty to do it. Each facet will have the whiskey added and the date it was added. The next ones that will be empty and added will be Garrison Cowboy Bourbon 2015 and Weller 12. From there it will be these others as they get finished. Curious to see how it turns out

Comment

alright bphillips you've inspired me. I poured myself a dram of blantons and then added 2 drams of Elijah Craig barrel proof and it will now forever be my infinity bottle

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          alright bphillips you've inspired me. I poured myself a dram of blantons and then added 2 drams of Elijah Craig barrel proof and it will now forever be my infinity bottle
          Some of my planned additions could change depending on what I may find between now and then. A buddy of mine just snagged me a couple of Garrisons new Balmorhea bourbon finished in port wine barrels that will make it as well. I probably won’t add the double rye and the jack won’t go in.

Curious to see this one. Reports from my buddy are pretty good
          Attached Files

Comment

Picked up a few store picks of 1792 full proof. I have another store pick of this and these two are definitely better.

Blind Pig is right around the corner from me. Guess I’ll have to stop in and see whether or not he’s sold out of it. When he did the EC store pick I believe he sold out of it in a day.

I had Elijah Craig barrel proof at a bar last night since I haven’t seen a bottle anywhere. I gotta say whenever I do finally find a bottle I’ll be buying it for sure. It was really good!

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
              The artwork on that Blind Pig store pick is great.
              Yea I thought so too!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                Blind Pig is right around the corner from me. Guess I’ll have to stop in and see whether or not he’s sold out of it. When he did the EC store pick I believe he sold out of it in a day.

I had Elijah Craig barrel proof at a bar last night since I haven’t seen a bottle anywhere. I gotta say whenever I do finally find a bottle I’ll be buying it for sure. It was really good!
                First time going there and I'll be going more often when I'm on that side of town. They sold out within a few hours of when the store opened on Saturday. I believe they got 162 bottles in and most were sold before they even got the shipment in.

Comment

Tried some Black Saddle today. That stuff is really good

Comment

First time going there and I'll be going more often when I'm on that side of town. They sold out within a few hours of when the store opened on Saturday. I believe they got 162 bottles in and most were sold before they even got the shipment in.

Not surprising. Its funny that such a small place has such a following, but they are cool guys.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                      Not surprising. Its funny that such a small place has such a following, but they are cool guys.
                      I found out about them through the Houston Bourbon Society on FB. They are some really cool guys! I'll be back for the knob creek pick that is coming in sometime this month.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        Some of my planned additions could change depending on what I may find between now and then. A buddy of mine just snagged me a couple of Garrisons new Balmorhea bourbon finished in port wine barrels that will make it as well. I probably won’t add the double rye and the jack won’t go in.

Curious to see this one. Reports from my buddy are pretty good
                        When i was in Beaumont I tried the Garrison Brothers Cowboy and almost spit it out! The liqour store owner said everyone who has tried it had the same reaction. It was bad! Let me know how that one tastes.

Comment

Rebecca Creek, bought it this past week and was impressed.. its out of SA

Comment

TX

Comment

When i was in Beaumont I tried the Garrison Brothers Cowboy and almost spit it out! The liqour store owner said everyone who has tried it had the same reaction. It was bad! Let me know how that one tastes.
                              That’s pretty odd considering the awards and reviews on it. It’s a high proof for sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                That’s pretty odd considering the awards and reviews on it. It’s a high proof for sure though.
                                Yea the guy behind the counter knew the Garrison Brothers and said he was suprised they released it. I'm wondering if it was just a bad batch because i have heard good things about Garrison Brothers

Comment

Working...
                                X