Table Saw Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    Ok. So ill get the starter accessory pack with the pushy thingys and a miter Guage.

Now I need to find stuff to cut!
    By pushy thingys, do you mean the power feeder that sendit mentioned?
    If so, that is a luxury table saw item, that you really don't need unless you're doing commercial, production type work.

You really just need a fence, and a miter gauge (for small cross cuts).

Did it come with any kind of fence? For that saw it would look something like this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	24617877

Comment

No it did not have a fence. What is this purpose of that?

Pushy thingy - I guess I could substitute a push stick.

I love working with wood but until now I've only really done rough framing; no fine woodworking. I framed houses many years ago and used those skills to build big stuff for myself and family. Things like decks, sheds etc.

Comment

Your gonna need/ have to have a fence. No way to keep fed wood straight. That will bind thee blade.... and I have a friend that had the blade grab and pull over.. running towards him. Cost him 3 fingers

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Your gonna need/ have to have a fence. No way to keep fed wood straight. That will bind thee blade.... and I have a friend that had the blade grab and pull over.. running towards him. Cost him 3 fingers
          This!! ^^^

A table saw is designed to be used with a fence or a miter gauge. Unless you're cutting something small like a dowel rod, cutting any kind of wood needs a guide.

And remember when measuring the distance between the saw blade and the fence, to measure the front of the blade and the back. You want the back exactly the same as the front or just a hair longer (wider). This will help prevent the wood getting into a bind and wanting to kick back.

Yes, you need a push stick! AND safety glasses!!!

Always have the blade no more than about 1/8" above the material that you're cutting. You don't want 2" of blade sticking up above a sheet of 1/2" plywood. The less the saw blade is exposed when something goes wrong, the better.

Keep the table surface clean. An old 4" paint brush works good to remove sawdust or chips. A light dusting of baby powder on the table will make the material slide like butter across the table when cutting.

Comment

You have to have a fence. Push sticks are needed too. Please please be careful.
            To rip a 4x4 , set the blade height a little over half way ( 1 3/4 +). Rip it then rotate the 4x4 over, end over end. Keep the common side to the fence. Make sure the blade is plumb. 90*

Comment

Working...
            X