Local School Talks of Arming Teachers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
    So for those schools that do I wonder how it’s done? Non disclosed on who carries? Same individuals or alternates? Do students know who is carrying? Training requirements?

The school I work at: the same individuals carry and only admin and school board are supposed to know who they are. Yes there is additional training to a LTC class. Most LTC administrators offer the class as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
      So for those schools that do I wonder how it’s done? Non disclosed on who carries? Same individuals or alternates? Do students know who is carrying? Training requirements?
      Union Grove ( local school) has been arming certain teachers for years .
      They meet once a quarter and run drills in the school.
      My son has gone a couple of times to be a “bad guy”
      He says that if they ever have a shooter, he will not last long as these guys are well trained and prepared to stop anything in a hurry

Comment

Its about time...excellent news.

Comment

I approve of this and God Bless Texas! If nothing else, it might be a deterrent for some "would-be's".

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            The school marshall program is the way to go. It's a program where school teachers and administrators receive ongoing training, as opposed to just allowing a CHL holder to carry on campus.
            I'm not opposed to CHL being able to carry.. but i do like what you are proposing more...very much.

Comment

Weatherford just approved it. The other good schools in the area already let their teachers protect the children.

Comment

One of the better ideas schools are doing. An armed population is safer against terrorist attacks. Cowards always look for an easy target and all of these have been cowards

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Yep, times are a changing! Gotta deaux whatever it takes to make a dent in this non sense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  Except trying to fix the root problems

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                  Will the librarians get silencers?
                  LOL

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  The school marshall program is the way to go. It's a program where school teachers and administrators receive ongoing training, as opposed to just allowing a CHL holder to carry on campus.
                  This idea is a better option.

Comment

Van ISD has been packing since upshur county schools did it first 4 years ago

Comment

I’m a teacher and would gladly complete any requirements my district asked me to if I could carry. Doesn’t look like it’ll happen, though.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Except trying to fix the root problems
                        What specifically are the 'root problems' ?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          What specifically are the 'root problems' ?
                          You seem to know it all. Just so I don't get it wrong you tell me why people kill people.

Comment

You seem to know it all. Just so I don't get it wrong you tell me why people kill people.
                            You made a statement that the 'root problem' is not being addressed.
                            I asked what you think the root problem is since you say its not being addressed.

pretty simple question.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              You made a statement that the 'root problem' is not being addressed.
                              I asked what you think the root problem is since you say its not being addressed.

pretty simple question.
                              To sum up, society rearing, creating, raising mentally unstable people.

Comment

To sum up, society rearing, creating, raising mentally unstable people.
                                good list.. where would you start and how to do enforce changes?
                                Where does the medical community fall in this?
                                Do they have a responsibility with the over diagnosing of issues and overuse of psycho/mood altering drugs?
                                How do you curb that?
                                How about parenting and single parent households.. is that a contributor? How do you address that?

Do you see any of these even remotely possible for realistic discussion, let alone change, given the state of progression this country and the world has taken in past 3 decades?

yeh me either... meanwhile lets put effective measures in place to help protect kids from what is being produced by society.

Comment

Working...
                                X