Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jp77 View Post
    It is definitely a change for us, we played gunners Baseball for the past three years and this is a whole new thing for us.
    Taylor loves it, despite being a .500 team he enjoys the positive reinforcement, and the ability to spend time on the bump. In the fall he pitched two no hitters!! We have high hopes for the spring season, and are anxious about what tryouts will bring tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who is the coach for the 10U team?

Comment

Originally posted by Richardcranium4 View Post
      I think the 11U team is going for the #1 team in the nation for the third year in a row.

For the 10U, the team looks pretty strong. Practiced a lot in the fall and played in two tournaments. First one was a rain out, and took first in the second. Can't wait to get started back up in the spring. It will take some time, but, I see big things in the future for these boys.
      Now please tell me who ranks these teams nationwide? That goes to watch them all and can accurately tell this.

Sad this is 9-12 year old baseball and ranked nationwide somehow

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
        Who is the coach for the 10U team?
        Grantham is the coach of the 10U blue.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          Now please tell me who ranks these teams nationwide? That goes to watch them all and can accurately tell this.

Teams are ranked by the organization they play with USSSA/Nations baseball. They go off the amount of wins and strength class. The Alamo Drillers have been pretty good the last few years. The only bad thing is it will be the parents that mess it up sooner or later. Once they start getting beat things will change as far as attitudes always does.

Comment

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Go away.

Comment

USSSA, TravelBallSelect, Baseball Youth, There are a number of nation wide organization that rank teams based on records and who they play against.

Comment

Originally posted by jp77 View Post
                Grantham is the coach of the 10U blue.
                David is a pretty good coach. He dresses up like the kids, some love it others don't.

Comment

We are happy with him. Tryouts was great last night. Very organized and put together. Lots of kids there that are new with some skills! Hopefully we can fill some soft spots in the lineup and make a squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just heard, first practice of the spring season is 7 Jan.

When is everyone starting back up?

Comment

end of first week in January.. but we are actively still practicing -unofficially-.... gotta keep the chops up.

Comment

We hit, field, and do speed and conditioning all year. But we make sure we shut down the arm for month and a half to two months in the winter and summer (No throwing at all). It helps cut down on overuse issues.

Comment

Tryouts Jan 6th then probably start the following week.

Comment

We got our first tournament in the books last weekend. It went about as expected with only 8-10 practices under our belt you could really see the inexperience. We have only been practicing once a week but are about to move to two so that should help us shrink the learning curve.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                              We got our first tournament in the books last weekend. It went about as expected with only 8-10 practices under our belt you could really see the inexperience. We have only been practicing once a week but are about to move to two so that should help us shrink the learning curve.
                              Wow, y’all start early.. no real off season..

We will officially hit it late January.. best of luck guys

Comment

Originally posted by knapper View Post
                                Wow, y’all start early.. no real off season..

We will officially hit it late January.. best of luck guys
                                We are a new team so we didn’t play a fall season and only practiced once a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X