60# Bow Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60# Bow Broadheads

I was wanting to know what Broadheads you are using on your bows for those of you that are shooting 60 pounds which have you had good short tracking kills with. Going to be my second year bowhunting and looking to get a clean kill next year. Thanks guys!!

Honestly man at 60# I'm still using a rage hypodermic so with that I would think whichever one you can get tuned

Comment

I have nearly always shot old reliable Bear Razorheads. Just learn to sharpen them and they'll do the job. Buck #1 this year was down and dead within hearing range -about 75 steps, and buck #2 fell in sight at 55 steps. Both were complete penetration double-lung shots with a 525-gr arrow, 58 lbs DW, 239 fps.

Comment

If you want a good quick clean kill then it's more about shot placement then the type of broadhead.

Comment

I agree with the above, with proper tuning and arrow selection today's 60 pound bows will do anything a 70 would just 10 years ago, maybe less.

I'm shooting 125 ramcats from my 29inch pse DNA at 57 pounds.

Comment

muzzy 125s for my 60#

Comment

What setups are you shooting out of your bows?

Comment

125gr Slick Trick Mags on 505gr (total arrow weight) Easton Axis with Flex Fletch FFP-360's and Nockturnals.

Shot a double brow tine 9pt that went maybe 40yds and looked like a murder scene.

Comment

I'm at 64# but use Grizzleystix Massai.

Comment

My 60# + 2-blade Rage = dead deer within 75 yds (furthest) and several have made it 25 yds or less.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                      If you want a good quick clean kill then it's more about shot placement then the type of broadhead.
                      true very true

Comment

Got two with my 60# Pearson RhinoX this year with it set at about 55# ... one used a QAD Exodus and the other was a Carbon Express F15. Both got two lungs ... the buck (QAD) went about 80 yards and fell over in plain sight of me, the doe (CE) went only 40 yards, but into some dense scrub oaks. I was very happy with both and have no worries about shooting them in the future.

Comment

Magnus Stinger 125s
                          4 blades serrated
                          Shot placement rules

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                            This

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                              My 60# + 2-blade Rage = dead deer within 75 yds (furthest) and several have made it 25 yds or less.
                              Same here. With the regular 2 blade Rages and the Hypo's.

Comment

Working...
                              X