No announcement yet.

Simple Tractor Shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put another bay alongside for trailer to park in.

Comment

Yes! I haven't even finished the first one yet, and already I'm thinking it's too small. Maybe I shouldn't bother putting siding on that left wall, because I'll probably want to add another bay over there soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Wellborn Papa View Post
        Put another bay alongside for trailer to park in.
        I did this. I don't live on the land yet, but store my trailers and tractor there. Finally got around to doing a small tractor shed like this. Took me two hitches to finish it. Hanging the sheet metal by yourself ain't no joke on even the mildest of days. I about rode one off the top while putting up the roof. So I can understand how difficult it is to finish something off. Looks good so far though.
        Attached Files

Comment

Muddy Bud, your tractor shed looks great. I see you didn't bother to put doors on yours. I think I'll eventually hang doors on mine. Not so much because it will make the shed secure against theft, but because mine opens to the south (it kind of had to, in this location). I would like to keep the sun off of my equipment as much as possible. I bet those big sheet metal panels were fun in the wind! Mine are only 5' x 3' and fairly heavy gauge steel, so they weren't flying around too much in the light wind on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad96 View Post
            Muddy Bud, your tractor shed looks great. I see you didn't bother to put doors on yours. I think I'll eventually hang doors on mine. Not so much because it will make the shed secure against theft, but because mine opens to the south (it kind of had to, in this location). I would like to keep the sun off of my equipment as much as possible. I bet those big sheet metal panels were fun in the wind! Mine are only 5' x 3' and fairly heavy gauge steel, so they weren't flying around too much in the light wind on Friday.

Thanks, I left mine open because I hope to someday build another half on to it, making it a fully enclosed barn. But that will be a bit further down the road. Maybe fall. It is 16'X24'. The brush hog is right at the edge of the roof line and my 20' trailer sticks out some but covered for the most part.

I am not a builder by no means but this was a pretty good confidence booster. Enough to know I can do the other half myself as well. Wife, son and daughter helped frame it up so that was pretty cool knowig that the first structure that came up on the property was a family event.
            Last edited by Muddy Bud; 05-15-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Muddy Bud,

Where did you get your paneling at and how much? I'm building one 20x24 right now.

Thanks!

Comment

Bought my panel from Mueller in Robstown. Want to say it was right around a grand.

Comment

Looks good. Good job.
                  I might suggest a temporary horizontal drop down across the front for sun and rain

Comment

More progress

With some family help, I got the roofing in place and tacked down, and added the lower siding. I'll have to cut sheets to fill in the upper sides. Hopefully, an abrasive blade on my circular saw will do that. This B-decking metal is a little thicker than typical corrugated sheet.
                    Attached Files

Comment

So far looking good! keep posting your progress!

Comment

I had good luck cutting r panel with a saw blade flipped backwards cut like butta

Comment

Good
                          Job

Comment

Header

I'll admit that this is a weak excuse for an update, but it's all I've done...

Saturday I added a couple of 2x6 header boards over the doorway. I made sure that they're high enough so that I can drive in without hitting my head. I'll cut some B-decking panels down to attach to the 2x6's. That will help to keep the sun off of my tractor tires. They're already old and cracked as it is.

Thanks for the encouraging words from those who have posted.
                            Last edited by Brad96; 02-12-2019, 09:56 AM. Reason: called panels by wrong name

Comment

Brad96, you will get there, man. Any bit of progress forward is good. KJ

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                                Thanks, I left mine open because I hope to someday build another half on to it, making it a fully enclosed barn. But that will be a bit further down the road. Maybe fall. It is 16'X24'. The brush hog is right at the edge of the roof line and my 20' trailer sticks out some but covered for the most part.

I am not a builder by no means but this was a pretty good confidence booster. Enough to know I can do the other half myself as well. Wife, son and daughter helped frame it up so that was pretty cool knowig that the first structure that came up on the property was a family event.
                                Are those 4x4's for the uprights or 4x6? Also, what was your rough cost? I'm looking at building something similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X