Eaglet - Woodlands TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eaglet - Woodlands TX

This is the lone eaglet from the mating pair of bald eagles that nest in the Hughes Landing area of the Woodlands. It was born between Jan 6-9 of this year. Should fly very soon. It's already flying limb to limb.

Bill being Smug
    Last edited by Bill M; 03-29-2017, 02:23 PM. Reason: Added second image.

Awesome

Comment

There has been a pair nesting on that side of the lake since before there was a single bit of construction so I don't know what that is almost 10 years? I wonder if the current pair are somehow related to the original pair. I was worried they would leave when they built all that stuff yet now 75 percent of that whole side is developed and they stuck it out. Must be too good of an area to pass up.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

cool!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
            There has been a pair nesting on that side of the lake since before there was a single bit of construction so I don't know what that is almost 10 years? I wonder if the current pair are somehow related to the original pair. I was worried they would leave when they built all that stuff yet now 75 percent of that whole side is developed and they stuck it out. Must be too good of an area to pass up.
            They seem to be unaffected by the attention. I talked to a gentleman when I was there taking these and he said there have been 3 different nest locations with this being the third and that has been over about a 20 year period, give or take. There are several in the area. Last years juvenile has tried to come visit this year but mom and dad let it know it isn't welcome. There are other juveniles as well as I have photographed them believing them to be hawks at first. Lifespan is about 20 years so this could be the original pair but I think it may not be. I just started really paying attention to this pair the last couple of years. There is suppose to be a nesting pair and nest in Carlton Woods as well.

I'm going to add a pic of dad as well to the OP.
            Last edited by Bill M; 03-29-2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, those are beautiful birds..........

Comment

Nice shot of the baby, but the adult is the shot that really caught my eye! Fabulous!

Your Smugmug is looking nice, Bill!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
                  Thanks for sharing, those are beautiful birds..........
                  Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                  Nice shot of the baby, but the adult is the shot that really caught my eye! Fabulous!

Your Smugmug is looking nice, Bill!
                  Thanks y'all. Appreciate the comments.

David I need to get back to the SmugMug page. I haven't touched it in awhile and there are definite changes I want to make to it. Look at the exif data on this one if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                    Thanks guys.

They seem to be unaffected by the attention. I talked to a gentleman when I was there taking these and he said there have been 3 different nest locations with this being the third and that has been over about a 20 year period, give or take. There are several in the area. Last years juvenile has tried to come visit this year but mom and dad let it know it isn't welcome. There are other juveniles as well as I have photographed them believing them to be hawks at first. Lifespan is about 20 years so this could be the original pair but I think it may not be. I just started really paying attention to this pair the last couple of years. There is suppose to be a nesting pair and nest in Carlton Woods as well.

I'm going to add a pic of dad as well to the OP.
                    I don't know if there is a pair in Carlton Woods or not, but I do see a lone eagle out there some times while playing golf.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Long before the built the bridge over the middle of the lake, there was a nesting pair on the backside of the cove across from Northshore Park.
                        It's been about 13 years since I paddled on that lake. So I'd say first time I saw it was over 20 years ago.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

Great pics

Comment

Working...
                          X