Super Easy Crockpot Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    That thing has A LOT of buttons...but I'm intrigued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've only used it a couple of times, but it's worked well. Pressure cooking made easy and pretty much foolproof. Yeah it has a lot of buttons, but for most things, you don't have to actually push very many.

For this, I literally just pushed the "MEAT/STEW" button. The default was 35 minutes, so I just left it. (But you can adjust up or down if you want.) The digital display said "On" for a while until it built up pressure. Then it showed "High Pressure" and a 35 minute count down. Then it went to "keep warm" mode. Brother, that was IT! I pushed one button!

Anyway, if you're not already pressure cooking and you want to give it a try, I think this is a pretty good way to go.

Comment

Pork Loin Roast

Another super easy recipe: https://www.recipesthatcrock.com/cro...in-with-gravy/

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
        I've only used it a couple of times, but it's worked well. Pressure cooking made easy and pretty much foolproof. Yeah it has a lot of buttons, but for most things, you don't have to actually push very many.

For this, I literally just pushed the "MEAT/STEW" button. The default was 35 minutes, so I just left it. (But you can adjust up or down if you want.) The digital display said "On" for a while until it built up pressure. Then it showed "High Pressure" and a 35 minute count down. Then it went to "keep warm" mode. Brother, that was IT! I pushed one button!

Anyway, if you're not already pressure cooking and you want to give it a try, I think this is a pretty good way to go.

Thanks, David...I may have to grab one.

Comment

My wife’s been wanting one of these gadgets. May have to grab one from Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Holy resurrected thread batman! Now I have something to make later this week! Looks great!

Comment

Wow good to know we were given one for the ranch but have been reluctant to use it because as Dale said that’s a lot of buttons. We will give it a try.

Comment

Looked so good had to try. So off to Wally word

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2599.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	24523098

Comment

Brining this one back up. Looks good for deer camp.

Comment

I was just reading an article about Campbell soup. Supposedly a lot going on for the company. There is talk about doing away with all of the old traditional soups we are used to, in favor of healthy, organic, non-gmo, or whatever.

I hope that doesn't happen because seems like some of the best recipes have campbells soup.

Comment

WOW - still going strong from 2006?

Making me hungry. May have to throw it together this week.

Comment

Just made this and it is a winner.
                        Two cans of French Onion soup, one can of cream of celery along with one can of cream of mushroom. Added some chopped carrots, stewed tomatoes, and diced potatoes. Served over white rice.

Comment

Just tried today. Doubled the soup & added potatoes served over noodles. Awesome. Thanks

Comment

Trey, I gave this recipe a try using 1.4 lbs of beef stew meat. Thought folks might enjoy a visual. The meat was already cut up in about 1"-1 1/4" cubes. I didn't bother to cut it into the smaller 1/2" pieces and it still seemed to work fine. I used shell pasta for mine.
                            [ATTACH]3445[/ATTACH]

Here it is all mixed up and ready to cook. I set my crock pot to 8 hours on low.
                            [ATTACH]3446[/ATTACH]

Eight hours later and, after cooking up the pasta shells, dinner is served! THAT was easy! I put it all on two plates. But neither of us finished all of it. I think it could have actually fed three, especially with a side salad. Of course, the recipe could be easily doubled or even tripled, depending on the size crock pot you use.
                            [ATTACH]3447[/ATTACH]

Super easy is right! And the results were delicious! It makes a gravy similar to Swedish meatballs, but actually better. Of course, having been slow cooked in the gravy, the meat was very tender and juicy.

Trey, this is a GREAT recipe! I enjoyed it very much and will definitely be making it again! Thanks for sharing!
                            Never mind.

Comment

What would you say is the ideal, "can of soup to pounds of meat ratio"? I'm thinking 2:1?

Comment

This was outstanding, so simple too. Thank you for posting this

Comment

Working...
                                X