Did he hit 130"?

Comment

Lol....right on the nose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hell yeah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a great year at your place, Unclefish. Love going through this thread, I seem to go back every summer and re-read what you put out for plots, etc. and use it as a go-by for my place.

Comment

What are you planting this summer? I got oats, wheat, chicory, and winter peas still standing. And want to grain drill a summer seed. Maybe a cowpea or lablab?

Also what do I need to spray prior to kill weeds? Can I spray anything that won't kill my current plot but will kill weeds. I want to keep my current plot up as cover for my new seed/plant

Comment

Unclefish keep this thread going we all love it

I have a tall stand of peas/wheat/oats now and want to grain drill lablab and I/C peas into it. What can I spray to kill weeds that are coming up now that won't kill my winter plot?

My thinking is I will keep my current plot as cover for my summer plot to establish and just grain drill into it. Am I thinking correct on that?

Comment

Sorry that I've let this thread wilt on the vine for several months. I'm both happy and sad to report that I'm selling my place. We close next week on it.

I've had ALOT of fun of there with hunting, food plots, cutting firewood, getting stuck , and other adventures. Its the right time to sell it and its on to new adventures. I think I will try and find a lease for a year or two and then try to buy a bigger place.

Please keep this thread going and active to post any ideas, successes, failures, so we can all keep learning!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                    Sorry that I've let this thread wilt on the vine for several months. I'm both happy and sad to report that I'm selling my place. We close next week on it.

I've had ALOT of fun of there with hunting, food plots, cutting firewood, getting stuck , and other adventures. Its the right time to sell it and its on to new adventures. I think I will try and find a lease for a year or two and then try to buy a bigger place.

Please keep this thread going and active to post any ideas, successes, failures, so we can all keep learning!
                    Man, hate to hear that! Can't wait to see what your next place will be like! My wife and I are currently looking to purchase some land...hoping I can start a thread like yours one day. Good luck on the next adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post

good luck sir, hope you find a good lease and then the right place to buy

Comment

On to bigger better things my friend! Congrats on the sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck on your lease and I hope you find another place sooner rather than later!
                          Man I’ve learned a lot from this thread and agree it should keep going.
                          I planted clover with oats and peas in the fall but the deer are keeping it mowed down. I think I will fertilize and see if the clover comes up better.

Comment

Best for all always to you. Have enjoyed the thread and your adventures and experiments. Keep us in the loop with your comings and goings.

Comment

Awesome! Sad but also will find a bigger and better place I bet

Elgato and Unclefish: Any suggestions on my summer plot idea?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                Awesome! Sad but also will find a bigger and better place I bet

Elgato and Unclefish: Any suggestions on my summer plot idea?
                                What is your summer plot idea?

I'm going with either straight soybeans in some fields and cowpea/sunn hemp blends in other fields. depends on what I'm trying to accomplish with the soil in the particular field.

Comment

Working...
                                X