Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copperhead

Default Copperhead
    Spent the last couple of days in Leon county doing chores.
    Spent the last 33 years hunting, clearing brush, planting, trimming, mowing there and saw my first copperhead there Friday.

I have seen a few snakes there, but this was a surprise.
    I was raised around them in Harris co and hate those ill tempered little _____s!

BP

It's been years since I've seen one. Saw a big one in Missouri probably 15 years ago. They're cool looking snakes I think. The one I saw just got away from me as quickly as possible. It was surprisingly fast is one thing I remember about it.

Comment

My buddies ranch in West Columbia is covered in them... Kill one just about every trip...

Comment

Glad we don’t have them in Coleman Cty, at least none I have ever seen in 30 yrs of hunting the area

Comment

I have a lot of them at my place . My peacock kill a lot of them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            It's been years since I've seen one. Saw a big one in Missouri probably 15 years ago. They're cool looking snakes I think. The one I saw just got away from me as quickly as possible. It was surprisingly fast is one thing I remember about it.

As a kid I used to catch all kinds of snakes and knew what a water moccasin was and to stay away from them. We were visiting my aunt and uncle in Vidor and I came back to the family BBQ with a copper head and boy did it make a scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              As a kid I used to catch all kinds of snakes and knew what a water moccasin was and to stay away from them. We were visiting my aunt and uncle in Vidor and I came back to the family BBQ with a copper head and boy did it make a scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I used to catch copperheads as kid too. I have grown completely out of that bad habit!

I hunt in southern Limestone Co., and have been surprised that I have never seen on there. They would be perfectly camouflaged in post oak leaf litter and could really give you a scare. I have almost become complacent and assume I won't see any.

Comment

They seem to prefer wetter counties...I can assure you we got our share in Matagorda county

Comment

Killed Obe about 8 inches long on the porch last night. Usually kill 3-4 every year around the house

Comment

Got a mobile home at our place in Cisco. They live under it. Grandson and I killed 11 one night that were out eating crickets or something underneath our telephone pole mounted guard lights. Suckers were everywhere!

Comment

My dad has a place in Leon County, he kills a bunch every year

Comment

Comment

Killed one right behind my house a couple weeks back here in Navarro County. Yesterday, I was working on a property near Palestine, which my boss has owned for 6 years and we found our first copperhead in the barn. They are ill manured little jerks. Hoping I do not run into more.

Comment

We are in Normangee and kill them every year. Big ones too. This one was from a couple years ago
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                              Glad we don’t have them in Coleman Cty, at least none I have ever seen in 30 yrs of hunting the area
                              I’d kill 10 or so a year in Burkett.

Comment

Working...
                              X