• Show
Clear All

Too heavy? Nah!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	25112399
    Pulling 53#. This is flying slow but hittin hard. I think I like it. Hopefully this weekend that arrow gets a good look at the inside of swine.

I hope you do. Good hunting!

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Just right! Good luck

Comment

Good luck. Those heavy suckers do drop like a rock though. Even at 53 pounds...

Comment

Not much should stop those!

Good luck on the pigs.

Bisch

Comment

Thanks for the good lucks. I don't notice much change in trajectory out to 20 yards. My other arrows are 545 grains. I just feel like I can control a heavy arrow more. They just seem more forgiving. That and I have big nasty boar around that needs dealing with!

Comment

I agree PigThumper. My heavy 300gr headed arrows seem to forgive my form flaws a bit more....and make me think Im better than I am.

I think 650 is the DrAshby preferred weight. I cant wait to see some pics. I hope you thwack a good eatin hog...or that trophy Boar with huge gnashers.

Comment

I shoot 620 out of my 53# widow

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                  I shoot 620 out of my 53# widow

And it shot in the high 170s fps

Comment

I have been shooting some 690gn arrows with 55# of bow for the past year. The bow is super quiet and the arrows seem to be pretty forgiving. I have 350gn up front and was able to get two holes on a cow elk that was slightly quartering away. My only gripe is the arrow drops off the table after 25 yards. That really only comes into play on longer 3D targets. I need to chrono them at some point, but I would guess they are ~150 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                      And it shot in the high 170s fps

What is your draw length?

Its hard for someone new to trad to read this and understand why their bow inst performing the same.

DL has a ton to due with Bow speeds

My Hunting Setup: I'm shooting a 575 grain arrow at 172 FPS out of my 58" Palmer Recurve 50 LBs at 27" draw.

Comment

I'm probably up around 168-170 fps with 650 grains. But like mentioned above, I draw 30". 75 grain insert, 125 gr point and 3" of #8 copper wire rammed down the arrow tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigthumper View Post
                          I'm probably up around 168-170 fps with 650 grains. But like mentioned above, I draw 30". 75 grain insert, 125 gr point and 3" of #8 copper wire rammed down the arrow tight.
                          I wasnt picking on anyone for not posting their Draw lengths.

FYI I read through the post 3 times and didnt notice where you mentioned anything about your draw length or arrow make up.

Comment

My arrows weigh 640 grains.
                            I like being 600 plus, but try to keep them in the 9.5 GPP area regardless off draw weight.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                              I wasnt picking on anyone for not posting their Draw lengths.

FYI I read through the post 3 times and didnt notice where you mentioned anything about your draw length or arrow make up.
                              No sir, didn't think you were pickin. Thought it was a valid point.

Comment

Working...
                              X