Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Well all boa launches are closed. It's a 1.8 mile hike to my stand on that nice rough hike/bike trail. 2.8 miles to my buddies stand.

Getting lots of activity though.
    That's the reason I didn't decide to hunt my honey hole from last year...hard to get my Kenner in without s ramp. I still haven't set my gear up, haven't had time. Hopefully I'll have time this week, if not I'm out for the season. Wish I had a chance at the bucks I had in camera last year!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Well all boa launches are closed. It's a 1.8 mile hike to my stand on that nice rough hike/bike trail. 2.8 miles to my buddies stand.

Getting lots of activity though.
      Since the boat ramps are closed... Are we allowed to bring in the deer quartered with the head. My feeder is about 2 mile hike in. I can not see myself humping out a 100lb deer... even with a game cart. Too many obstacles.

Comment

Who is camping out Friday and Saturday on Lake GT? Which park you staying at? Would like to meet some of ya'll.

Comment

Pics from 1st cam

Here are some pics off of my son trail cam.
          One nice buck and one small buck and one the last two are of one that is almost there.
          Attached Files

Comment

did you hand corn or is it just that block?

Comment

Just testing tapatalk app...
              Attached Files

Comment

looks like water in the backround... that must not be Lake GT.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdonkey View Post
                  Since the boat ramps are closed... Are we allowed to bring in the deer quartered with the head. My feeder is about 2 mile hike in. I can not see myself humping out a 100lb deer... even with a game cart. Too many obstacles.
                  Probably not. They want a whole animal, minus the guts, that they can hang on a gambrel an weigh. Every deer I've killed out there was light enough to throw over my shoulder and carry out almost 2 miles, and still carry my bow and backpack. You'll probably have a hard time finding one that weighs 100lbs after its been field dressed....ecspecially with this drought.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
                    Probably not. They want a whole animal, minus the guts, that they can hang on a gambrel an weigh. Every deer I've killed out there was light enough to throw over my shoulder and carry out almost 2 miles, and still carry my bow and backpack. You'll probably have a hard time finding one that weighs 100lbs after its been field dressed....ecspecially with this drought.
                    I guess I wont be cutting it up to pack out. A phone call for some young helpers will be in order if I get one.

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                      looks like water in the backround... that must not be Lake GT.
                      A pic of my nephew on Lake Decker!! Early this year.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdonkey View Post
                        A pic of my nephew on Lake Decker!! Early this year.
                        Nice!!

Comment

That looks like my feeder and deer...

that looks like my feeder

Comment

i love me some spike meat

spike meat is excellent

Comment

but i will bloody my arrow with big poppa

Comment

old blue back in the day

old blue back in the day