No announcement yet.

Keto diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a couple threads on this subject, so you should consider using the search function.

I am in the "eat balanced" and not in any one direction camp. I have lost 42 pounds in 4.5 months and am much healthier than I was before.

I have determined through research that this diet is really good at putting your body into starvation mode (ketosis.) It does so by limiting your bodies fuel source and appetite suppression. Whereas you can do the same thing by eating anything, as ling as you can control your intake and are able being comfortable with hunger until your body reaches statis again after you reach your target body comppsition.

Like any diet, you have to change your habbits for long term. I like an occasional beer. I like bread, pasta, and rice. I like fruit... I like game meat, occasional fried food, cheese, nuts, etc... So, no low carb, no low fat diets either. Never would be able to pull that off long term.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I've be on it and lost65#. Cut out se sweet tea and chips and salsa was the hardest part for me. Eat jerky as a snack. Lots and lots of red meat. Oh yea eat nuts for a snack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        "Keto" is just short for ketosis which is the actual metabolic process, so Atkins and any other name for similar diets are all keto diets usually with some weird unnecessary customizations.

Atkins and ketos is very different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
          I've be on it and lost65#. Cut out se sweet tea and chips and salsa was the hardest part for me. Eat jerky as a snack. Lots and lots of red meat. Oh yea eat nuts for a snack.
          Just be sure to check ingredients, most commercial jerky is cured with brown sugar and such.

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
          Atkins and ketos is very different.
          I think that's covered under "weird unnecessary customizations."

Comment

MariGold Bars has a tasty snack for every diet and lifestyle with our Keto-Friendly, Low Prebiotic Fiber, and Lectin Free Collections. Hand-crafted, delivered fresh, and made with premium ingredients.

Texas Pecan Praline
            Cookie Dough
            Oatmeal
            Those three are my favorites.
            Best bar considering what's in it you will ever find and it's filling.

Comment

Maple syrup and 8g carbs? I can see why you like it, but that would kill my keto.

edit:
              Cookie dough got cane sugar and tapioca starch?

Oat bars have.... OATS, cranberries, apple juice and 13g carbs?

These are in no way keto compliant foods.
              Last edited by justletmein; 05-14-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                https://www.marigoldbars.com/best-pr...rby=popularity
                Texas Pecan Praline
                Cookie Dough
                Oatmeal
                Those three are my favorites.
                Best bar considering what's in it you will ever find and it's filling.
                $3 a piece? **** that's expensive. You can make your own...

Comment

I'll stick to fat bombs for a sweet tooth craving. Also, the keto chocolate mug cake is pretty good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Just get to idea of eating for taste and enjoyment out of your head. I'm not on a keto diet but pretty much eat the same thing daily. Oatmeal and 6 eggs for breakfast, 4 eggs after workout snack and greek yogart, 2 chicken breasts and brown rice lunch, broccoli, tuna, apple snack, fish or chicken another 2 times before I go to sleep- wake up the next day and repeat. Been doing it for several years but do throw in a piece of cheesecake or icecream once in a while.
                    oatmeal on a keto diet? apples? Yogurt? How high are you daily allowable carbs? usually you only have 20g at the most. I ate fried bacon and eggs, cheesecake, loaded baked chicken. Easiest diet ever.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                      oatmeal on a keto diet? apples? Yogurt? How high are you daily allowable carbs? usually you only have 20g at the most. I ate fried bacon and eggs, cheesecake, loaded baked chicken. Easiest diet ever.
                      I believe he was saying he is not on keto but eats the same foods daily. With that said, keto is one of the easiest diet/eating plans to follow. I'm allowed 32 grams of carbs daily. I use the 70% Fat 25% protein and 5% carb ratios.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

I have determined through research that this diet is really good at putting your body into starvation mode (ketosis.)

Ketosis is not starvation mode. Its simply the body running on ketones instead of glycogen. Any calorie deficit is considered a form of starvation, however it doesn't affect metabolism.

The "starvation mode" that you hear about people keeping weight on even when they take in less than they burn is mostly a myth until the subject gets around 5% body fat or less and is in serious danger of actually starving to death. At that time they would be in ketosis by default simply because without any food intake, their glycogen will be depleted.

Comment

Well here goes my first conscious attempt at a Keto type meal... Tipped the scales at 207 this morning we shall see how it goes, wanting to get to 185 by late summer. My apologies for the blurry pic (chicken fajitas with sausage and an avocado.), I had to tend to the chicken on the grill...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              Well here goes my first conscious attempt at a Keto type meal... Tipped the scales at 207 this morning we shall see how it goes, wanting to get to 185 by late summer. My apologies for the blurry pic (chicken fajitas with sausage and an avocado.), I had to tend to the chicken on the grill...
                              I'd eat it! Good start.

Watch the sausage for carbs, lots of commercial stuff will be too high.

Comment

Originally posted by csanders View Post
                                Bottom line no matter what diet your on or if your just clean eating, if your not at a calorie deficit at the end of the day you are not going to loose weight.
                                This , I've tried them all, now I just keep my pie hole shut

Comment

Working...
                                X