No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw several out playing today on my way home one looked like a 4 point but I didn't slow down to get a good look. But there were plenty of deer out and I agree it gives me hope for the season. I'm pretty excited about the extended dove season too, last year the dove didn't really show up down here until after the season ended

Comment

This will be my first year bow huntin Whitney. I'm not new to the area or huntin, ive just been focusing on ducks only for about 5 years now. I have family on pretty much every side of the lake so im familiar with the area. I've tried to read as much about huntin down here on previous threads. I have spent plenty of time scoutin and still have some to do. Lookin forward to being part of this thread and having a good season out here. Good luck to all of you...

Comment

Welcome Randy.

Kirby, guess they must have read this thread. And opened a gate just to prove me wrong .

W lake elevation: 530.07 ft., Normal 533.00, Water release = 2064 CFS
        A lake Elevation: 538.79 ft., Normal 537.50, Water release = 2 CFS

Comment

Just a heads up for the boaters. I launched at Nolan park yesterday and went upriver towards Hamm creek. I saw a number of obstructions in the river channel. Most noticeably at the Kimble bend bridge. There are sunken logs under the bridge in the river channel. I also narrowly missed a log maybe half a mile upriver from the bridge near the big sign marking private property on the West Bank of the river. The log was maybe 75 yards out from the shore and pretty much in the river channel. It was completely submerged and I luckily missed it by about a foot. I would have marked it if I had something to mark it with.

Comment

Thanks spacemonkey.
            I could see from the bridge it was pretty treacherous along the shore line going outward. But haven't been there yet since the flood.

Bet it's loaded with catfish!

Comment

Close call space monkey be safe out there

Comment

went out and did a little checking things out today and on the way home I saw a single teal for those of you who are interested; I don't know or care much about them but I know some of you do. also saw a whole flock of canadian geese, though the season for them is still a ways off

Comment

good to see ya storm glad ya back in tx =)gl this year

Comment

Kenny B.!

Ender, send me a PM where those geese are/were. I'll send ya some info back.

Comment

Sorry m8 wouldn't help you much they were all the way over here by Iredell

Comment

Actually, there is an early Canada Goose season 10-25 Sept. in the eastern zone. To bad the W and A lakes are in the western zones . No early season there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                          good to see ya storm glad ya back in tx =)gl this year
                          We need to get together and do some scouting Kenny.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Actually, there is an early Canada Goose season 10-25 Sept. in the eastern zone. To bad the W and A lakes are in the western zones . No early season there.
                            Trust me that was the first thing I did when I got home, check the season dates. I had seen that early season date before and thought it might have been for this area.

Comment

Coop how's the lake looking today?

Comment

I haven't actually been near the water in the last couple of days but it is plenty muddy around this area. If the rain quits it'll be soaked up in a couple or three days. The deer have really been moving during the day the last few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X