Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can say I have never seen a deer make the channel 5 news with pics. Pretty crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
      Not wearing quite enough orange on your person or going 1 bird over your limit is quite a bit different than setting up game cameras, stands and feeders on a property you had no permission to be on. On top of that, you shoot the deer not once at night, but twice as I think I read it. To top it all off, you throw away the carcass so you can take awesome LDP’s, chop the head off for the taxi and KILLED A STATE RECORD BUCK.

Then he tried to get rid of the evidence by deleting memory cards and stated to the game warden he had another deer at he taxi or on his wall that he killed from the same property 2 years prior. Also told the game warden that “if this was a smaller deer, y’all woildnt be doing this.” Typical Criminal excuse maker who feels no guilt for his bad behavior. And if y’all think the man with the same name and date of birth who got busted one county over in 2004 for the SAME OFFENSE is not Travis, then I have some ocean front property in San Angelo to sell you. He’s shown a pattern of poaching behavior, unethical practices and lying.

Like has already been said, those people who defended him need to come on here, man up, and apologize like any respectable man would. Eat your crow and be done with it.

BTW, I have a copy of the arrest affidavit and the Game Warden did a dang good job of investigating this, that report is solid and detailed. Too bad he did it in Denton County, it’s a liberal DA, which is why he didn’t get any jail time, which he should have.

People should read this again. Especially the pattern of behavior part.

Comment

Theres no 'blowing over'.
        Like Spook, and so many others before him,....he'll forever been known and remembered as 'that guy'.

Comment

It is both a tragedy and a travesty. It all depends on how you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
            53k is a lot of restitution. I'm just wondering what they can do to enforce that since it's civil restitution. I don't know that there's anything criminally they could do to him for not paying it, and most people just don't have that kind of money. It'll be interesting to see if he will actually have to pay that much or not.
            Ask OJ about civil court, believe he was suited for property owned & monies earned can be confiscated. Poacher will be forced to pay even if it takes decades

Wonder how courts came up a value of this deer ??

Was this a felony ??

Comment

So this multiple time poacher gets to keep on hunting once his probation is over?

Comment

How in the world did he have a blind and feeder set up so long on someone else’s place?!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                  It is both a tragedy and a travesty. It all depends on how you look at it.
                  I am pleased you spelled "travesty" properly.

Sorry, but that was on a tee.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    How in the world did he have a blind and feeder set up so long on someone else’s place?!

In reading the probable cause affidavit, it sounds like the owner lives in Switzerland. Some mgmt company here “watches” over the property. Evidently they found the blinds and put notices out but they were ignored... and it says the mgmt company admittedly hadn’t followed back up.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whew.........so now, I've managed to read thru about the 10th entire thread on this topic

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                          Not wearing quite enough orange on your person or going 1 bird over your limit is quite a bit different than setting up game cameras, stands and feeders on a property you had no permission to be on. On top of that, you shoot the deer not once at night, but twice as I think I read it. To top it all off, you throw away the carcass so you can take awesome LDP’s, chop the head off for the taxi and KILLED A STATE RECORD BUCK.

Then he tried to get rid of the evidence by deleting memory cards and stated to the game warden he had another deer at he taxi or on his wall that he killed from the same property 2 years prior. Also told the game warden that “if this was a smaller deer, y’all woildnt be doing this.” Typical Criminal excuse maker who feels no guilt for his bad behavior. And if y’all think the man with the same name and date of birth who got busted one county over in 2004 for the SAME OFFENSE is not Travis, then I have some ocean front property in San Angelo to sell you. He’s shown a pattern of poaching behavior, unethical practices and lying.

Like has already been said, those people who defended him need to come on here, man up, and apologize like any respectable man would. Eat your crow and be done with it.

BTW, I have a copy of the arrest affidavit and the Game Warden did a dang good job of investigating this, that report is solid and detailed. Too bad he did it in Denton County, it’s a liberal DA, which is why he didn’t get any jail time, which he should have.
                          Quoted so everyone can read this again and let it sink in.

Comment

If a person is sleeping in a tree stand in order to kill a deer (state record or not) they need to reevaluate their priorities in life. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We finally got the real story and court disposition. Time to move on. Lesson learned for all of us that needed it.

Comment

How many years is his license revoked for? If it’s less than a decade I say he got off light.

Comment

Working...
                                X