Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m curious how this deer avoided so many hunters that I am sure were after him for the last few years. Such a Magnificent Buck and I hate to see him go out this way.

Comment

271 And tpw

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
      I’m curious how this deer avoided so many hunters that I am sure were after him for the last few years. Such a Magnificent Buck and I hate to see him go out this way.

Easy...they didn't sit in the dark in a blind after hours[emoji106]wonder if he had his bible wit'm, carving out that higher path??? Too bad they didn't make'm eat the meat he ****** away
      Last edited by RodinaRanč; 01-25-2018, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
        He lived in a unique place were he had lots of private and public land to roam on where deer hunting was not allowed. Little did he know, not everybody was following the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          Hey dude, I thought you said you were buying a new F250?

No, I have to buy a deer.

I thought you said you didn't hunt high fence, only free range?

Long story bro.
          Ha! Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
            Now...where o where are all those incredulous folks that defended his christian ethics & the higher path he walks??baahahahaa

Helluva christian & lil ironic his social media has been crickets since it all went down....that is until a few hours ago!!! &...wait there's more....with family pic & a bow in his hands no less[emoji23]

the past attempts here to protect a criminal is just as sickening! Ohhh the hypocrisy!!
            Soooooo...the guys who believed him, are somehow now to blame for defending him? Good grief, that's insane. I don't blame a single person who stood for him and aren't commenting. Drop Dead Fred came on the other day and said he was standing by his friend in the midst of this stuff, and caught pure h e double L from some people. Yet folks don't get why Travis's defenders aren't here to deal with that same ridicule. Some of them are probably ticked off after hearing the details that have been unveiled. But to mock those who chose to believe his story and stand up for him back in October, and I'm gonna guess they stood because they wouldn't lie in the same circumstance and figured their friend wouldn't either, to ridicule them for not coming into these threads for any reason is not shocking at all. So the guy was found guilty...some of the people I've seen on the threads who have been downright jackholes are worse in my opinion. At least there are some folks who can voice their displeasure and anger over the deer being killed the way it was, with a little decency. Unlike others who have shown that they lack class by kicking the crap out of a man who has embarrassed himself, his family, and the hunting community by betraying us all.
            Last edited by TxDispatcher; 01-26-2018, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
              Soooooo...the guys who believed him, are somehow now to blame for defending him? Good grief, that's insane. I don't blame a single person who stood for him and aren't commenting. Drop Dead Fred came on the other day and said he was standing by his friend in the midst of this stuff, and caught pure h e double L from some people. Yet folks don't get why Travis's defenders aren't here to deal with that same ridicule. Some of them are probably ticked off after hearing the details that have been unveiled. But to mock those who chose to believe his story and stand up for him back in October, and I'm gonna guess they stood because they wouldn't lie in the same circumstance and figured their friend wouldn't either, to ridicule them for not coming into these threads for any reason is not shocking at all. So the guy was found guilty...some of the people I've seen on the threads who have been downright jackholes are worse in my opinion. At least there are some folks who can voice their displeasure and anger over the deer being killed the way it was, with a little decency. Unlike others who have shown that they lack class by kicking the crap out of a man who has embarrassed himself, his family, and the hunting community by betraying us all.
              Well said. His friends that defended him where lied to as well. They owe us nothing. They were just being true friends.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Well said. His friends that defended him where lied to as well. They owe us nothing. They were just being true friends.
                Exactly!

Comment

Nice to read the real story finally and glad it came to a quick ending so everyone can move on.

As for the defenders, it wasn't the fact that they defended him and stood by him. It was the aggressive and flat out rude attacks on anyone who had any kind of doubt that really rubbed everyone the wrong way. IMO all those people owe quite a few apologies on here, not for being wrong but for attacking everyone who had common sense and were right.

Comment

Originally posted by catfish View Post
                    What statement will TRIGGER the Mods to delete this one as well. I'd love an answer as to why they remove these threads. Is it because he was the face of TBH and had a TBH logo jacket on and they don't like the negative publicity. I read a lot of posts and people bet the farm on his innocence. Well he's not innocent and he admitted it. I even recall the credibility of this site was bet on his innocence. It's not much of a public forum if post are removed because they don't fit y'alls agenda. Careful who you go to bat for until the facts come out.
                    I went to bat for Travis also.I assumed the charges were bogus.Obviously at the time he couldn't talk about it.Know what,I'd do it again.He F***** up..No doubt about it.I think mods,and owner of this site think he's been whooped on enough.There's lots of other deer hunting related social media sites that'll whip on him as long as you'd like.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to get He full story and put it together.

Question for the people who say he should have his hunting rights revoked. Does it matter if they are revoked? He obviously did not follow the rules in the first place and just because he does not have a license does not mean he will not shoot deer, he’s already a proven poacher. Kind of like once a liar always a liar. Or once a thief always a thief.

Comment

53k is a lot of restitution. I'm just wondering what they can do to enforce that since it's civil restitution. I don't know that there's anything criminally they could do to him for not paying it, and most people just don't have that kind of money. It'll be interesting to see if he will actually have to pay that much or not.

Comment

Look in the mirror we all are guilty of things we are ashamed of most of us on here have broken game laws some way or another especially if you been hunting 40 year's or so. Most of the time not all the one's that scream the loudest are some of the people who do the same thing.

Comment

think of the endorsement deals this buck could have brought to some one who killed it legally. 20 or so years ago, a guy in ohio borrowed a shot gun from a buddy the night before season opener and killed a 180 or 190 something buck. Next thing you know, He is in camo and esturas call ads. I think I still have a can call with his picture.
                              I don't hunt for money or fame, but if some one wants to throw money my way, I'll catch it

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                                53k is a lot of restitution. I'm just wondering what they can do to enforce that since it's civil restitution. I don't know that there's anything criminally they could do to him for not paying it, and most people just don't have that kind of money. It'll be interesting to see if he will actually have to pay that much or not.

Non payment of court ordered fines can be turned into contempt of court which mean warrant issued for his arrest. They will put him on a payment plan

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                                X