Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for a lease in Grayson county if anyone has any leads....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
      And some guy with same exact name and birthdate hunting out of season in 2004 1 county east
      Might not be him though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Wow interesting.
      Oh well hopefully he learned something from this..

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
        looking for a lease in Grayson county if anyone has any leads....
        I heard Denton County has big deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          I heard Denton County has big deer.
          They’re everywhere you find Moultrie feeders.

Comment

Women, money, and big bucks bring the best out of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Tamales View Post
              Women, money, and big bucks bring the best out of people.

Annnnd apparently the internet. . .

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by samson33 View Post
                The State has the horns and will keep them. The poacher never gets the horns back.
                Sometimes they get a replica

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                  It’s good to finally hear the rest of the story with actual facts. Guy made an error in judgment, which is too bad because that buck could have been a real trophy to someone legally killing it

"Guy made an error in judgment"

That has to be the biggest understatement ever.

If this is in fact his 2nd time doing it I can't believe the state is going to allow him to hunt again after his probation. He got off easy IMO. I don't understand all y'all saying we should just drop it and move on either. Move on to what? This matters to hunters, and should be discussed. If you don't want to discuss it then don't click on the thread. I hope this doesn't ruin him financially, and I wish nothing but the best for Travis at this point. I wanted to believe he was innocent like so many said he was. Those people are silent now.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                    Yall may not like Travis anymore but that dude slept in his stand all night to hunt that big ole SOMBESSH of a deer. So there
                    I spent the night in a blind once to kill a 130" deer

Spooked him two mornings while walking to my stand. Then I went to my pop up blind at 10:00 and slept in it. I woke the third morning to the sound of that buck eating the corn. I got up as quietly as I could and sent an arrow through him.

Comment

Will someone post a link to the probably cause affidavit? That should have the real details in it.

On a side note, people defended this guy just the same way they defended Chris Fried. Both of them poached. Travis’ buck just happened to be HUGE. I wonder if the penalties were the same or comparable....

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                        Sparkles thank you for clarifying the facts. First shot High shoulder, again NOT mortally wounded, and on neighbors land. Definitely adds a different perspective. Almost surprised he did not catch the spine in the first shot and the buck pile up right there, if the white spot is the actual hit.
                        Again, thanks.

I shot a deer in almost the exact spot in 2016. He was fine, and I actually let him go this year he was broke up when I saw him, his rack was actually a little better. So yeah, not a fatal hit at all.

Comment

271 And tpw

Oh and even though I’ve read at least 4 threads about this I’m finally starting to get the picture of what happened. I wouldn’t be too hard on those who defended him. If someone is willing to poach like this lying to your friends doesn’t seem like that big of a stretch to me. But I don’t know the man. He is getting lot of press now. Just saw this in Facebook too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                            Oh and even though I’ve read at least 4 threads about this I’m finally starting to get the picture of what happened. I wouldn’t be too hard on those who defended him. If someone is willing to poach like this lying to your friends doesn’t seem like that big of a stretch to me. But I don’t know the man. He is getting lot of press now. Just saw this in Facebook too.
                            Unfortunately, that seems to be the case. Hunting in land he didn’t have permission, hunting after dark...has done the same thing in the past....bad deal

Comment

Hey dude, I thought you said you were buying a new F250?

No, I have to buy a deer.

I thought you said you didn't hunt high fence, only free range?

Long story bro.

Comment

271 And tpw

Now...where o where are all those incredulous folks that defended his christian ethics & the higher path he walks??baahahahaa

Helluva christian & lil ironic his social media has been crickets since it all went down....that is until a few hours ago!!! &...wait there's more....with family pic & a bow in his hands no less[emoji23]

the past attempts here to protect a criminal is just as sickening! Ohhh the hypocrisy!!
                                Last edited by RodinaRanč; 01-25-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X